1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

West Coast Fapstronaut 33/M

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by 2pasture, Dec 28, 2015.

1. 2pasture

2pasture Fapstronaut

Finally joined this forum after lurking on the sub reddit for a really long time. I've been trying on and off to reboot with little success. But I'm not going to stop until I've achieve my reboot goal.

A late starter in life, I realized the hard way (no pun intended) that years of addiction had left me with PIED. As my relationships started unraveling and my general approach and outlook to life started waning I realized that something was fundamentally wrong with me or that I was doing something totally wrong. At around the same time I discovered reddit and eventually nofap. Now I know what is causing my problems and I know there is light at the end of this slimy tunnel.

My current streak is a sub par 17 days of being PMO free but I did get a taste of the super powers and I know I can do better. I am however, apprehensive about going cold turkey. So I am planning to be P-free from the start and follow a tapered reduction in frequency of MO (ex: once in 5 days, then once in 8 days and so on adding 3 days of extra gap each time until about 21 days at which point I believe I would have learnt to control my urges). Eventually I plan to go full PMO free until the reboot and beyond.

Through my failed earlier attempts I've also realized that this is not just about the reboot but also a lifestyle change and needs to be approached holistically and must include changes and improvements in one's general health and fitness, attitude towards life and discipline. I have started hitting the gym more often and also trying to meditate as often as possible.

I thank you all in advance for the support that you are about to provide me. The things that I am most apprehensive about are any physical pains associated with Nofap as I seem to have a lower tolerance towards physical pain and any guidance in that regard would be appreciated.

Slylen likes this.
  2. Slylen

Slylen Fapstronaut

All the pain is in your brain good sir. What you will find at the end of this journey, if you steel yourself for the ride, is a different you. Like anything else in life you will need to set goals for where you are heading or you go nowhere at all. Take some time to figure out WHY you came to PMO in the first place and address those underlying issues. Maybe you had too much lonely time on your hands and found an unhealthy way to fill it. Or possibly you have unresolved intimacy issues with women and found the easy way out wasn't so easy after all. Either way a game plan is needed to navigate this minefield or you will trigger your demons with the lightest of touches. Stay active on the forums as helping others has been the biggest helping hand to myself ironically!

@NoBrainer has a wonderful guide to getting started so feel free to check it out.

http://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-top-tips-for-leaving-pmo-behind.35201/

Welcome to NoFap mate!

Stay Strong,

-Slylen

I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be.

Ken Venturi

3. PatentPending

PatentPending Fapstronaut

Welcome 2Pasture,

I can't word it any better than Slylen.

All the best,
    Patent