Washing hair question

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by xjbert1423, Feb 4, 2016.

1. xjbert1423

xjbert1423 Fapstronaut

I heard that using shampoo eveyday isnt good so i started doing it every other day. So i would go one day an just wet my hair ten the next use shampoo AND conditioner.
    But i realised my hair only looks good on the days i wash it. would it be better to use conditioner everyday and then shampoo every other?? Or what??

2. yoyo1

yoyo1 Guest

I wash mine every other day but, I have long hair too. Washing it too much and too much conditioner will dry out your hair. By that I mean like every day.

3. owler

owler Fapstronaut

I tried to alternate days as well, but my hair never looked good on the o ff days, so i do it daily.

4. snowowl99

snowowl99 Fapstronaut

I stopped washing my hair a few years ago and it's the healthiest it's ever been. Never gets oily anymore. Maybe experiment more, maybe only condition it or wash it every few days to a week.

5. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

I don't use conditioner, but I use different shampoos in a daily revolving manner so as not to beat the hair follicles down with one constant formula, and in the rotation I also include a mild baby shampoo, so as to minimize any harsh effects. The other shampoos include a see-through clear formula, a non-see through creamy formula, and dandruff-like shampoo, and a baby shampoo. Each cleans the hair differently or doesn't impart the same harsh effects, if any.

6. I don't think it's a good idea to use conditioner without shampoo. It's true that washing your hair every other day is healthier, but I think that applies much more to people who have long hair. I don't know what your hair looks like, but if it's really short, I don't think it'd be bad to wash it daily.

Also, what about it doesn't look good on the days you don't wash it? Like is it too oily or is there some other problem? Maybe try a dry shampoo on the days you don't wash, if excess oil is the problem.