First day of my journey

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by JokersSon, Mar 2, 2016.

1. JokersSon

JokersSon Fapstronaut

I know it will be hard.

Last year I abstained from PMO for 3 months. It was difficult but the results were amazing. The positive effects felt into oblivion and now I want to join this movement again. The big difference this time is, that I want to become an active member of this community.
    As an non english speaker, that will not only improve my communication skills in this beautiful language but will also me help to stay strong on my journey. In the best case you can profit from my posts.

Best Wishes
    JokersSon

Rav70 likes this.
  2. Rav70

Rav70 Fapstronaut

Welcome back and good luck!

JokersSon likes this.
  3. JokersSon

JokersSon Fapstronaut

Hello, its the Day 2 of my personal challenge to stay away from POM. Generally I feel powerful today. However, it was quite hard to fall asleep yesterday. Probably this is correlated to the missing orgasm ;) We will see whether the exercise I did this morning will help me with this problem. Anyway I will keep you folks updated. Hope everyone stays strong on the way to a better life.
    Best Wishes
    JokersSon

Rav70 likes this.
  4. Rav70

Rav70 Fapstronaut

My boyfriend always PMO at night before bedtime even on the days we had sex. He has always had issues sleeping.
    Once he quit PMO getting to sleep was rough on him. He takes a sleep aid now and it's really helping.
    Benadryl knocks me out have you tried it before?

JokersSon likes this.
  5. JokersSon

JokersSon Fapstronaut

Thank you for your answer. Currently, the consumption of medical aid for falling asleep is no option for me. However this is my personal opinion. I think I will follow a strategy of forming habits which affects my sleep pattern positively. I think, this will not be possible on a short term horizon. Maybe I can tell you on day 30 whether is was successful or not.

Rav70 likes this.
  6. Rav70

Rav70 Fapstronaut

Let me know how it works out. We are always trying different things to help with his issue on getting to sleep.

JokersSon likes this.
  7. JokersSon

JokersSon Fapstronaut

Day 3

I got up 1 hour earlier today and felt more recovered than the days before. I have to mention that I went to bed at the same time, and had the same falling asleep problems as before. I think thats a achievement worth to tell and I am excited what the next day will bring.

Rav70 likes this.
  8. kasperbell

kasperbell Fapstronaut

Hello there.
    I know how though life can sometimes be with bad habits like PMO, but don't EVER give up learn from your mistakes and keep going forward don't let anything to try and tell you that you can't do it. YES YOU CAN you will succeed so upgrade your knowledge about this bad habit and follow your dreams.
    I wish you the best :)

JokersSon likes this.
  9. JokersSon

JokersSon Fapstronaut

Day 4

Thank you for your reply kasperbell :) I think one of the biggest advantages of "keeping the journal updated" is the support through the community. This helps me a lot to stay motivated. I feel that I am not on my own.

But, How do I feel on my fifth day? - Actually I feel the same as yesterday. There are no significant urges during the day, which makes it pretty easy to stay "clean".
    Till now, the biggest difference is a positive change in my daily mood. I feel more engaged in conversations then before. All in all it was totally worth it to start this journey again.
    JokersSon

Rav70 likes this.
  10. kasperbell

kasperbell Fapstronaut

Hey Joker glad to see you're doing well.
    It's very good that you feel a positive change in your daily mood but remember that sooner or later something might pop up that will leave you feeling bad so try to be tolerant if something negative happens and keep going.
    And please don't consider that what you're doing is a 90 days goal or something, it's good I think to set goals (even daily ones), but rather than a 90 days goal or 190 days goal or whatever try to follow what you want to achieve and set short term goals and long term ones so your life keep moving forward and flourish.
    I'll try to reply to any comments you leave as soon as i can
    Take care

JokersSon likes this.