1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm not really sure if I belong here...

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by NotASoup, Mar 12, 2016.

1. NotASoup

NotASoup Fapstronaut

A little about me, I'm a 26 year old single male and I feel like I fap too much. A normal week I probably fap 10-15 times, nothing too outrageous but there were times when I was younger it was more. I discovered fapping when I was 12 and thanks to a really strange story and what I now see as sexual abuse, from a slightly older girl in my childhood, after I lost my virginity.

Even with what I currently see as a limited problem, I still think fapping hurts my social/dating life because l'm less motivated to go out and pursue relationships. I have many friends who are happily married or are in solid relationships, I envy them because they don't have to deal with trying to go out and look for someone to have sex with.

Sometimes I fap just to get rid of the urge to go and find a woman to have sex with.
    Sometimes it's because I'm bored.
    Sometimes it's because I just want to go to sleep.
    Sometimes it's the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning.
    Sometimes I fap because I hope the rush of endorphins will help out my headache.

Sometimes fapping takes only a few minutes, many times almost an hour thanks to not being totally aroused and desensitized. I've gone weeks before without fapping, sometimes several days I'm able to break away from the loop, but it's still there, waiting my return and that first O after several days feels good, then I want more.

It was the beginning of October the last time I had sex, a cheap hookup that went bad because I cut things short and dropped her back off at home. I was not interested in pursuing a relationship with her, just sex.

I haven't fapped since yesterday, last night after settling into bed, maybe a half past midnight.

Mainliner and finshaggy12 like this.
  2. finshaggy12

finshaggy12 Fapstronaut

hope everything works out for you brother god bless. I'm here if you need me.

3. Journey with us for a bit. Get a 10 to 20 day streak and see how you feel. Things really started changing for me around day 40.

bartlettb likes this.
  4. NotASoup

NotASoup Fapstronaut

Thanks, I'm also looking at adding working out back to my life. I need to lose a considerable amount of weight and I think the extra energy will help. Last time i got heavily into working out, I had given up fapping for a few weeks until I started skipping out on the gym.

5. NotASoup

NotASoup Fapstronaut

Had a relapse last night. I went to bed early because I'd woke up early yesterday and "spring forward" time change really messes with me anyway. I PMO'd last night and I'm not happy about it. I'm going to start my reset over again today.

6. bartlettb

bartlettb Guest

That's the way to do it. Get back up asap and start again! Good luck!