Things to know, signs to detect, cognitive bias and fallacies to aviod and advices

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by ph0t0n, Apr 14, 2014.

1. ph0t0n

ph0t0n Fapstronaut

Hey,

Its my official nofap challenge in the name of nofap. It has been 5-6days i guess i didn't write exact time before. Lately my PMO frequency was 1-2days. And since 1-2days whenever i have a sexual thought even slightest i feel tingly energetic burning like feelings around my chest. It gives me somehow energy, something i am not used to and that is why i want to masturbate it out. Maybe that is what all this is about. That energy was supposed to be the natural for our psychological nature. Not the "f*ck it, i dont feel like going out, i dont feel like doing x, enjoying that". And it is not exactly like that but if i were to put it in words i am not feeling like a loser, it gets better! Like i am on speed, so pleasant confidence. No unnecessary kindness or shyness i think but not tooooo much or toooo noticable of course..

Anways i get semi erections(%20,%25-30 erection lets say) is that normal during the process. I want to relieve myself but it is kind of fun to resist yourself. And unlike quitting smoking, or another addiction, PMO gives a weird energy i do not really understand.

If there is no chance of having sex with that girl is sexting to be avoided completely in order to progress. Even if you do not MO it must be what it's called edging maybe but i am not sure.

Is there good journals/logs of some members you say "you should definately read this it will help you about these traps and it will motivate you". Or anything related would be good.

Will it get harder(pun intended) on next days to keep up, should i be prepared like not to get shocked and quit like "i didn't sign up for this i didn't think it would be this hard". Is there seriously withdrawal symptoms from quitting PMO?

2. Loren

Loren Guest

Definately. Read William's thread. It is amazing.

Also, an accountability partner/recovery buddy is necessary (for me at least). I have almost a dozen that I contact regularly.

Also, keep a journal on NoFap-Journals.

3. I'll help you be accountable id you want, it does make a difference and we all have the same temptations and drives...

4. ph0t0n

ph0t0n Fapstronaut

it would be nice virginpaul to have someone you account for your progress mutually. I think i should start journaling. And i will keep a daily log on my mood,horniness urge levels, thoughts etc relapsed or not and why in details in a file so i can make a graph out of it.