A New Beginning...

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by NoHero, May 3, 2016.

1. NoHero

NoHero Fapstronaut

I'm not going to lie, I really don't feel comfortable doing this or even being on this website. I'm scared for a lot of reasons. At the same time, I realize that there are worse places I could be on the web. In many ways that's how I feel most of the time--like there is a constant tug of war going on in my head. Most times I give in--hell almost every time I give in, but that's why I'm here. I'm pretty sure that this is not "normal" for most people and that's why I'm seeking some help. The title is no accident--I'm truly hoping for a new beginning and I'm pretty confident this can help. I know that this is a healthy step for me and I'm pretty hopeful that this can help me to abstain from P&M. I'm looking forward to getting started. To everyone reading this--even if you don't respond, it's good to know I'm not alone.

rave756 and jfromcr like this.
  2. rave756

rave756 Fapstronaut

welcome, and you are def. not alone in feeling the 'tug of war'. If you visualize the life you want, you may realize that PMO is not a major part of it, but yet on a day-to-day basis, you think, it can't be too bad: why not reward yourself? It's definitely practicing long term thinking to avoid the immediate gratification. Congrats for taking a step and good luck!

NoHero likes this.
  3. Venom1

Venom1 Guest

You can do all things if you put your mind to it!!!!

NoHero likes this.
  4. NoHero

NoHero Fapstronaut

I appreciate it guys, thank you. So far it's been a few days and it's going okay :) I know....early days.

5. jfromcr

jfromcr Fapstronaut

Hi NoHero,

You are not alone. You can be The Hero of your own story and get to a new place. It won't be the easiest thing in the world, but you are now a rebel leaving the pack of mindless PMO drones that think the life is OK. You don't want OK, you want worthwhile, great, painful, stinking, bleeding, sweating, laughing, crying LIFE.

Welcome to the fight!

NoHero likes this.
  6. Venom1

Venom1 Guest

That what this site is for, to encourage one and another :)

7. Ploutos

Ploutos Fapstronaut

@NoHero, you are not alone. There is a great community out here, and I am happy for you that you have reached out. You have taken the first step towards a happy life and recovery from the darkness which has / had enveloped us all. Reading reboot success stories on this forum has helped me.

Venom1 likes this.
  8. NoHero

NoHero Fapstronaut

Your replies are insightful and helpful. So far, I've been able to hold it together since my very first post, but my oh my is it ever so tempting at times. I did hit the panic button once and it's nice that it's there. I am curious...how do I get one of those fancy little counters in my signature or even one that just shows up when I log in or something? @Ploutos Thanks guys, really.

9. Ploutos

Ploutos Fapstronaut

Nice to hear that, @NoHero ! :)
    Pl visit https://pmo-tracker.appspot.com/ and create your counter.