1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to make friends when you're 50+?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by larrylarrylarry, Jul 17, 2016.

1. larrylarrylarry

larrylarrylarry Fapstronaut

I am here because I was addicted to P which lead to PIED.
    I am also addicted to Sex, I know that now, somehow my brain misfired looking for freindship/connection as in looking for Sex. I was successful in finding Sex, but while the O was great, just like any drug it left me empty and alone afterward.

So, how do I find friends and friendship? I do have a girlfriend and we do things together, but I need more, a deeper connection. When I was 18 or so back home I had a group of friends, and with 3 or 4 we were very close, very good buddies. We are still Facebook friends, but too many miles in between and too many years our connection is not that deep.

I am an introvert, which doesn't help. I don't care much about small talk or watching/talking sports; I do enjoy manly activities like fixing stuff around the house, working with power tools like a chainsaw or going deep sea fishing.

I am divorced with no kids, and I live in suburbia where everyone is married. Most of my friends are married where the husband is metrosexual or pussy whipped; and the wife is the typical bored housewife, either centered about shopping and other materialistic things or having an affair (yes I am guilty of a few of those).

I live near a major city where I go often, I do sign up for meetups for things that I am interested in, but I find that the people at these meetups are there either to show off their knowledge of the matter, no matter how little they know, or to find a husband (in the case of the women who are 99% single) or to find a girlfriend (in the case of the guys there).

I do volunteer in a couple of organizations, I know a lot of people there, but they are more acquaintances than friends.

I am in Facebook with 500+ friends, but we all know that those are not really friends.

In the past whenever I found someone that I clicked with, it was always a female and always led to sex, probably because I am addicted to Sex, I was looking for Sex, and I was giving away those vibes, and I was sensitive to those vibes as well.

So, back to the original question: how does one go about making friends? Not for sex, not for relationship, but for the sake of Friendship.

Anyone?

Lone_Wolf likes this.
  2. bigman73

bigman73 Fapstronaut

Well I am no expert but lets think what leads to friendship and hope you would get a few, here are my insights
    1.Don't try to be around too many people, because it seems you are not the kind of person who will make friends there, instead go to places where there are less people but more frequent meeting.
    2.To make friends you must have common interest , goals or at least something in common.
    3.Harsh truth :Strictly stick to people with similar financial and social background, preferably same age group. Women wont be your great friends ,learn from your past and find Bros.
    4.Try not to be to cold or clingy.
    5. Be Happy and you will attract more people towards you.

vLife and Deleted Account like this.