1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Just started NoFap and feel it has a lot to offer.

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Rossa, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Rossa

Rossa New Fapstronaut

Hi, i'm new to nofap and have 2 days of PMO now. I am 23 and have been struggling with anxiety disorder ultimately leading to a depression. The causes are to be found in me having a to idealistic view of my study period concerning friends I’d be making, but most of all not having a girlfriend for my entire life. The first part I have made peace with now and conversations with my psychologist and opening up to people in my environment have helped a lot. Not having a girlfriend however still hurts.

I’ve recently stopped other addictions like playing videogames and smoking marijuana. Getting to know this website and the underlying reasons people stop with PMO’ing made me realise it is a large cause of my mental problems and I think a successful reboot can help me a lot. I also hope since trying to quit my other addictions have always led to relapse this time I can take care of the last real hurdle: overcoming sexual frustrations.

I do have one question to ask: It feels weird for me to go on hard mode because I want to be with real girls. So I started doing things like chatting with girls on tinder and it makes me feel good. Is this a bad idea?

AndySky180, Daniel P. and D . J . like this.
  2. Daniel P.

Daniel P. Fapstronaut

Hello, Rossa! I am not an expert, but I realize that chat is a problem for me. Soon or later, a sexual topic appears and the urge comes (and sometimes after the end, the chat become a little boring). Maybe you should stay out of this tools for a while, during the rebooting. See this as an investment!

AndySky180 likes this.
  3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap!

I would suggest you spend time dealing with PMO before becoming involved with someone.