New Hope after a 5 year addiction

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Karak1237, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Karak1237

Karak1237 Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,

I've been a masturbation addict since over 5 years now. It started as something innocuous based on a suggestion by a friend, and in a period of a few months, I was desperately addicted to it.

I fap atleast twice a day now, often more. It has led to a severe desensitizing, fatigue, and a huge hindrance in my personal and academic life.

I have Ofcourse tried quitting more times than I could count, and failed miserably each time. Thus, I'm here, hoping the community will give me much needed support to get rid of this personally disastrous addiction.

Cheers !

i_wanna_get_better1 likes this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and not judge you.

What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

Karak1237 likes this.
  3. Karak1237

Karak1237 Fapstronaut

Not sure, tbh. I'm considering starting on a 7-day challenge. Still figuring out how to properly use the resources on this forum :)

4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Karak1237 likes this.
  5. Karak1237

Karak1237 Fapstronaut

Well this sucks.
    I manage to stay off for two days, and succumbed to it again today.
    Well, back to day 1 of a 7 day reboot it is.

D . J . likes this.
  6. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

What caused you to slip? That were your triggers? What could you have done that you didn't do which would have led to a different outcome?

7. Karak1237

Karak1237 Fapstronaut

Yes, I tried analyzing that.
    I'm a little unwell, which often causes boredom and a slight depression for me. This often leads to fooling around, like you know, "just a look won't hurt, just a couple minutes". And before you know it, you've broken the streak :(

D . J . likes this.
  8. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Never ever agree with your temptations!

Karak1237 likes this.