1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fake Dating Profiles

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Man With No Name, May 7, 2017.

1. Man With No Name

Man With No Name Fapstronaut

So some weird stuff has been happening on Zoosk and Tinder.

Zoosk I can almost confirm has fake profiles that contact you. Like totally sure. However I was not expecting such activity on Tinder but the message I just got led me to believe scamming is prolific.

I received a message earlier by a match on Tinder, the female used two question marks. She later unmatched but I was just swiping (troll activity in this thread is inevitable and I don't invest a dime of my soul into usage of these services so I don't care if you throw dog poop in my face here) and found a match whom I messaged first, she responded with a generic how are you type question, what is strange is that it also had two question marks...

2. Man With No Name

And unmatched. Ok, Tinder customer support is being contacted as I somehow charged fees for their bunk service last night and have been getting scammed left and right.

Avoid free dating apps, moral of the story. Even if they have pay to play options built in.

3. I agree. I think the best sites/apps are the ones you pay for because it's more likely only serious people join them. I can't afford it at the moment but when I get a job and have gone at least 30 days pmo free I'll join one... Although having said I was listening to the Drunk Ex-Pastors podcast today and they were taking about online dating and at time it sounds brutal. But I still it can be the best way to meet someone.

4. Having said I do know someone who met her husband of three years on a free dating site. But maybe she just got lucky.

5. Man With No Name

It's not like it's a 100% scam.

Lol, I did not logon to read this reply but yes I agree. Dating sites can lead to genuine relationships, free or not.

I do believe an influx of scammers have infiltrated these free services however.

I actually logged on here to say I just swiped to one of my sister's best friends. Wow. Like for the thrill I guess.

6. I remember going on one dating site and this lady put on profile that no Nigerians should contact her because she knew they were only after money. Lol! She was black so she couldn't be accused of being racist.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. I got catfished. It was wonderful.