1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

4 Days into Hard Mode

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by KingdomLife, May 21, 2017.

1. KingdomLife

KingdomLife Fapstronaut

Sup NoFap community. I heard the term "NoFap" somewhere randomly on the internet probably a year or so ago. A month or so ago, I looked up this site and researched it. I've been trying to do 90+ days no PMO since then, but so far have never made it past 13 days. After the last relapse, I figured I should join here for more accountability. Whatever it takes to beat this addiction!

D . J . likes this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

KingdomLife likes this.
  3. KingdomLife

KingdomLife Fapstronaut

I'm trying to keep myself occupied with productive things and get more of a routine going. Every time I relapse I use the panic button, and I'm trying to get in the habit of going to the panic button BEFORE the problem happens. I wanted to have it as my homepage so the panic button will pop up every time I open a new tab, but I haven't figured out how to do that or if it can be done.
    On the positive end of things, I'm dividing my focus into 5 different areas- these, in my opinion, make up the sum total of a person's life: Body, Soul, Spirit, Finances, and Relationships. PMO is a parasite that sucks the life out of all 5 of these things, directly or indirectly.
    I train my body through progressive calisthenics, good diet and nutrition; currently aiming to learn the one-arm pullup. Soul and spirit are two of my weaker areas at the moment since it's hard to focus on all of these at once, but I train the soul through reading self-improvement books like The Slight Edge (which is on my to-read list). I build my spiritual self through studying the Word, prayer, and serving in the church. I'm taking Financial Peace University to really grab my financial life by the horns; the current goal is to get out of all debt. As far as the social aspect, I push myself to go to group meetings and activities whenever possible rather than staying home and doing my own thing. All of these help build up a "resistance" to PMO and fill in the gaps it leaves.
    Despite this, PMO still tries to catch me off guard, usually late night after a hard or discouraging day. But journaling my progress has helped me to see these patterns so I'm better prepared for it, and joining this forum adds an accountability aspect which may be the missing link needed to push my momentum over the top. I REALLY don't want to see that number drop back to zero!
    Also, good to hear from another Christian brother. ;)

D . J . likes this.
  4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

KingdomLife likes this.
  5. KingdomLife

KingdomLife Fapstronaut

Wow, very in-depth and helpful article. Thanks.

D . J . likes this.