1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

what to do if you get a girls number?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by kingpietro, Jun 3, 2017.

1. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

hey ,

i am a guy who can now talk to girls without problem and make them laugh and get their number pretty quickly however i always blew it when i try to ask her out on a date. I used to be a pussy but i learned how to approach woman.

When i have the number i call her next day. most of the time she doesn't pick up so i leave her a voicemail. but she usally doesn't call back or text back. so i go and seek other woman.

When i don't call her i usually i send her a text with my name in it and saying i want to go out with her.

My questions is simple should i call or text a girl? When you get her phone number olso what is the best way to react if she doesn't pick up her phone when you call her and she doesn't resonse should you react? what voicemail should you leave?

or should you not call but text her?

thanx in advance

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. PlasticBoy

PlasticBoy Fapstronaut

Dude always first text before calling, its 21st century god damn.

3. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

What should be youre first text?

Because i don't like to beat around the bush. When i text i usually ask her directly out a text like " hey its my name lets go out for a drink this Saturday at "name bar"

But maybe thats not the best way to do it Maybe you should just start a little conversation through text and then ask her out? Whats youre experience and opinion asbout that?

4. Congrats on learning how to approach and pick up numbers well done! However, I can see from what you just said that you still have a lot of learning to do when it comes to turning phone numbers into dates. PlasticBoy is right its more convenient to text first time people are busy these days if you text she will respond when she gets a chance. Calling and then leaving a voicemail is so 90’s you just sound like a salesman no offence.

So let me get this straight. You call her the next day and she does not pick up. Then you leave her a voicemail which she does not respond to. Then you bombard her phone with a message saying that you want to go out with her? Sorry but this reeks of desperation you don’t need to be so demanding you got the phone number now be cool about it and take it easy.

Your texts sound way too formal you are not arranging a business meeting you are going out on a casual date there is no need for you to leave your name this is is not email its messaging be fun and short and to the point.

Look just take it easy and go with the flow. Have banter over text build rapport and then when you ask her out say “we” instead of “I”. So for example we should go to this cool place I know. Its better to say we so it sounds like a fun event for both of you as opposed to saying “I” which makes you sound desperate and needy like you are more interested in her than she is in you. It should be the other way around.

You could also do what most guys are too scared to do at first and ask her out over the phone. So say something like let’s talk about this on the phone I want to hear your voice or something. She’s more likely to say yes if you do it on the phone and you are calling her out too. She won’t want you to think that she is insecure or scared so she is more likely to pick up the phone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2017
  5. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

I don’t stalk her when I get her phone number or get needy. i call one time and then leave a message thats it.

When she doesn't answer my voicemail by calling me back i usually seek other girls numbers . However I want to go on dates when I get a phone number so my question was actually because i mostly don't get a lot of responses of girls after i called them should I text instead of calling?

Like you guys said texting is better. However I have really trouble making appointments through text. I am actually a accountant manager so yeah I usually call for arranging a meeting I am a old fashion guy. personality I hate making plans with someone through text. So yeah I am a old fashion guy.

When i do send a text its usally a direct approuch like "we should go out for a drink this saturday at 2 a clock at that bar" Wich results in me not getting any answers.

So whats is the best approach. Should I just start a little conversation through text and then ask her out instead of asking her out directly through text.

Or in my case maybe its better like you mentioned to say when you are texting let’s talk about this on the phone I want to hear your voice. I once used this “ hey we should hang out but maybe its better to arrange a meeting through phone so wen we can talk text me when you are available “.

6. BigBlue82

BigBlue82 Fapstronaut

My advice is this:
    Just remember that she is a person too, regardless that she a girl. A lot of my friends focus too much on rating girls hotness, techniques for getting dates, techniques for talking to girls. It's WAY simpler than that. Just text her "hi" and begin to talk to her. Get to know her and if it feels right ask her out. Just go with the flow, NEVER try to force anything or plan anything. Just let it happen.

Also, do text first. Phone calls are great and much more personable, but a text is more convenient for her to get to and less smothering at outset of a relationship with someone. Also, wait a bit to ask her on a date. Talk to her first, just take your time. You got this bro!

7. I think you are far too focused on getting dates. Before you ask a girl out you need to build rapport with them. Whether that is over text or over the phone. And you need to realise that’s its highly likely that these girls are probably talking to other guys at the same time its rare to find someone who is exclusive and single these days there are far too many options available. You are probably not getting responses because you are just straight up asking them out once you get the number before you have even had a proper conversation. Picking up the phone number is only like 50% of it. The other 50% is you building rapport and creating a connection which leads to one of you setting up a date.

There are many ways you can do this I will just give you one example of how I do it. So you just picked up a phone number in real life, when you get back home send her a text and bring her back to that moment. What I mean by that is whatever conversation you had prior to the conversation continue it. For example, you were talking about food you could say something like “I can’t stop thinking about that amazing steak you said you had in that restaurant. This chicken dinner I’m having tonight just does not have the same mouth watering appeal to it”. And you never know you could use that topic as a way to set up a dinner date ;)

Just make sure that you flirt and you are playful over text so that she can’t stop thinking about you. Then you will know when to bring up the topic of seeing her again.

8. RedPillRebooter

RedPillRebooter Fapstronaut

I usually txt a girl "yooooo whtsuppp it's (enter name) from (enter place we met)"

Then we have a conversation, after that I just say "I wanna hangout with u tonight". She KNOWS in the back of her mind what I want.

kingpietro likes this.
  9. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Best advise i've ever heard this is how i dated my first girfriend why didn't i thinx about that :oops:. We started texting and i aranged a meeting.

As for "hooking up that night ". I allways plan a date a few days later just because i have a bussy life i am a manager so i can't just hook up that night. I usally plan a date for that a few days later.

Thats my problem its hard to arrange a date through text because i have a bussy life. So its better to do it through phone its much easier that way.

Thanxs for the advise ;). I think i get it what you mean start a little conversation and then ask her out.

Only problem i have with youre tips is that its not that that good to keep texting a girl without any results you need to escalate and show you’re intensions. because if you don't she might hook up with someone else.

I used to make that mistake started texting and then asked her out a day later she allready stopped.

thanxs for the advise

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  10. What you are referring to is "bread crumbing" leading someone on without committing to doing anything. That's not how i do it :). I said "Just make sure that you flirt and you are playful over text so that she can’t stop thinking about you." That IS escalating and showing intentions. I did not give you conversation examples for that leading to a hook up or date because i'm sure you can come up with your own. Good luck ;)

kingpietro likes this.
  11. BigBlue82

BigBlue82 Fapstronaut

Oh I figured you were in it for a relationship. If you're looking to hookup, you're right being straight forward is good. Just be classy about it

12. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

Jep looking for a relationship not hooking up

13. MaxwellDel-p

MaxwellDel-p Fapstronaut

I suggest you give it a couple days before asking out a girl on a date. Text her a bit to get to know her a bit more and make her laugh. Then when you get the date that's when you make your move and start to flirt with her a bit.

14. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

You needt to flirt at the beginning when you meet her and ask her phone number. If you don't you most of the time become friendzoned.

15. MaxwellDel-p

MaxwellDel-p Fapstronaut

At the start I sneak in some flirting, and I try to make her laugh at the start.