What race are you?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I legitimately don't really know what my ethnicity is, aside from "white," but honestly I don't really care. It doesn't really mean much to me.

2. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

I don't like considering black people "Black" because they are literally not the color of this...
    IMG_2222.JPG
    I also don't like considering white people "white" because they are literally not the color of a marshmallow.

I just think that it's better [to me] to refer to people as their "true colors" or "ethnicities." For example, I'm an Hispanic American, but I'm tan. So I'd call myself "tan skin." I would consider a "black" person "brown." I would consider a person like yourself to be a "medium tan." I know this might not mean much to you, like you said, I just really wanted to get that off my chest.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
  3. I See what you mean, but it really doesn't matter to me. I could be more specific, if I actually looked into what my true ethnicity is, but I don't really care enough to do that.

Third_Eye likes this.
  4. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

If you ever decide to, you should go to www.ancestry.com

5. My sister was really into this stuff for a while and learned all kinds of things about our ancestry, so I'm sure I could just ask her.

6. Third_Eye

Third_Eye Guest

Then you do as you wish.

7. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

8. Quiver

Quiver Distinguished Fapstronaut

9. Nature has created different races. Don't like it? Deal with it.

Greek here!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  10. Yup!
    Greek is not a race though

Nikolai likes this.
  11. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

I don't think nature created races though

12. pranav02

pranav02 Fapstronaut

Indian - that's a race right or is it Asian?

13. [​IMG]

Nikolai, Hardboiled24 and Quiver like this.
  14. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

Race is a required question for the USA census. A common response is, "Mexican." To the follow up aclaration that Mexican is a nationality, not a race, and then reading the list of races, the reaction was often a blank stare. After, "I'm not white, I'm not black, I'm not oriental, I'm Mexican," would come another round of negotiations. It was hard not to respond with, "I know what you are. You're awesome. You are colorblind, and that is awesome. I just wish it were contagious."

15. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

Source?

16. Sources are placed below every graph

Hardboiled24 likes this.
  17. FOS

FOS Guest

hobbit - halfling

18. Hehe, well as some "discover" new genders, I discover new races! The greek one! :)

19. Greek is your ethnicity.
    French is my ethnicity.
    But we are both from the Caucasian race

Hardboiled24, Quiver and Nikolai like this.
  20. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

Thanks. I hadn't read the fine print.
    So, you compiled all that material yourself? That must have been a job. I am impressed.
    How do you account for the fact that everyone whose ancestors come from anywhere near the equator is black? Is habitat genetically determined, or is it determining the genes?