1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Eating alone

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 13, 2017.

1. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

At least you can affort a restaurant... allways look at the positives

olso there are people who actually have friends but want some time allong its called introvert.

I sometimes want to be allone withouth my friends hanging out

2. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I am a social introvert. Which means I like to go out by myself a lot, but not necessarily want to socialize with strangers.

3. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I don't. I prefer to deepen the ones I already have.

Support is different than just random small talk.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

I'm glad someone actually gets it.

5. I think it's great! Back when I was single and learning to be content with that, I actually put "go to dinner and a movie alone" on my bucket list. Lol I had a great time, and I've done it several times since, even as a married woman now. It was a unique experience for the first time, feeling sort of self conscious and weird about it. But now I don't think twice about it at all.

6. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Chamomile tea is more efficient in that regard.

SilentJay313 and Deleted Account like this.
  7. Good edit, MLMVSS.

8. Yes!! I hate that!! I went to a women's convention once, about 3 hours away overnight, by myself, and I saw someone I knew there and met a few new people. Every time I told someone I was there alone they were like "oh..." and gave me the most pitied look and offered for me to sit with them and stuff. Lol I'm like uh, no thanks, I'm good. :p I have plenty of friends and family I could have invited, but I wanted to go alone.

MLMVSS likes this.
  9. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Okay, fine.

You are indeed pixels. ;)

10. splinter

splinter Fapstronaut

that's rude man, why be a negative nancy??

i like eating alone at times, can be relaxing

11. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

It's a joke. I actually don't mind you all nor do I mind strangers. I'm just not exactly a social butterfly who seeks conversations with everyone. It's quite exhausting trying to talk to people I don't know.

12. Yes! Love it.

MLMVSS likes this.
  13. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I don't mind some smalltalk from strangers, but then sometimes you get these annoying people that are disrespectfully overbearing and seem to want your full attention or want you to listen to everything they have to say. I can't stand people like that.

14. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Agreed. Conversations should be two-way respect

15. well I was actually thinking earlier today, that masturbating is no different then going to the movies alone. sitting there all by your self. it's the same type of thing!

16. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I've never eaten alone at a restaurant before but I know some people like to bring a book and read while they wait.

17. I think it's perfectly fine and don't see a problem, but regardless it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks anyways. If I was single and capable of going out to eat alone I would of.

I get weird looks from waitresses and even people when I ask for a booth in a restaurant, it's so stupid. That's life though as there's always one person that will think whatever you do no matter how "normal" it may be, that you or what you're doing is weird. I get that stuff all the time and I say screw em, you do what makes you comfortable and enjoy yourself. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2017
  18. It's sad eating alone when you were expecting someone.

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  19. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I usually bring a sketchbook and draw other people eating, but the last few times I brought a sketchbook some people apparently were "offended" by the drawings I made and thought it was "illegal" to draw someone in a public place without their permission.

20. Did you ask them though? While it's not illegal it's more a personal space thing. There's a lot of people including me that wouldn't like to be drawn or particularly stared at.