1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Insaaf

Insaaf Fapstronaut

2. max9292

max9292 Fapstronaut

Day 8/90, tonight i had a wet dream but i want to realize my dreams so i don't pmo

3. I relapsed...again...day 0 of 10

4. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

13/14 I think?

Not much to say. At the moment I’m just really happy. Life is so beautiful at the moment, altough I’m not doing really exciting things, just school and things like that. But I’m enjoying it so much right now.
    10 days. That’s really nice!
    Good to hear. Be aware of the chaser effect the coming days. Stay strong!
    It will. Give it a few days. Stay strong!

5. Leaveit

Leaveit Fapstronaut

Day 28/33..

DerNeuMann likes this.
  6. Purple_Star

Purple_Star Fapstronaut

Well, as I said 50 days I've done so far. My next step is 100 days...

7. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Back to having no idea what day I'm on because of how great life is. First day PMO free again and I feel really god damn good. I know I'll get through tonight, one way or the other. Cheers, all!! Day... 1/7?

8. Adam Grundy

Adam Grundy Fapstronaut

9. Pranav1486

Pranav1486 Fapstronaut

still going strong thinking about next goal with 21days in the pocket ;)

I meant black-jack ;) 21

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  10. Fuck....relapsed yesterday. 2 days.
    Resetting the counter....for the last time.
    I am confident about it this time......I WILL achieve 90 days.

Pranav1486 likes this.
  11. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

If you keep relapsing while going for 90 days, I'd suggest setting a very reasonable goal, like 4-7 days. I know it sounds like I'm shutting you down and telling you to put less work into it, but trust me, that's the last thing I'm trying to do. Let me explain. If you set 90 days as your first goal, it'll be hell getting there. However, if you set a goal like 7 days (even if you keep 90 days in mind the entire time), hitting that 7 day mark and feeling good about yourself will make your brain go "hey, this feels good, I should do this more often!" and thereby motivate you to hit more goals going into the future. Plus, you might not be able to get 90 days right off the bat. I know it sucks, but NoFap is more of a journey than a single battle, and you'll fight many smaller battles before and after getting to 90 days. A person who's never ran in their life can't get up off their couch and run a marathon, but by slowly building up to it with hard work and perseverance, this goal that once seemed impossibly far away (literally ;)) will suddenly become feasible.
    Stay strong, you will hit 90 days if you keep with it :)

12. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

Day 11,
    I feel stronger than ever!

13. dangerduff

dangerduff Fapstronaut

Since falling just short of three weeks i've really struggled to find the same level of determination. Need to pick myself up, refocus and get back in the fight! First target seven days.

Deth, DerNeuMann, TC10 and 2 others like this.
  14. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Day 40/45
    Forty days! Wow!
    I must say though, I feel a bit down and demotivated. I think having sex this weekend after a month of hardmode brought back the flatline and brain fog (or maybe it was the alcohol and sugar?). I need way more time rebooting. But that's fine. Right now it's a bit tuff.
    But I am certain that things will get better again. I hope it comes around soon. Only 5 days to my goal. Hopefully I will be back in business by then

DerNeuMann and TC10 like this.
  15. I have had a tough week with nofap. Every day of the week I have been relapsing, including today. Day 0 of 10

16. I did 15 days so now I will do 18

17. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

Good job bruh, I'm proud of you!

18. Single Palm Change

We've got some good streaks going here! Keep it up guys. Awesome.

To you guys who are having trouble with continous relapses:
    First of all, don't stress about reaching 90 days. Don't worry about days for now. Beating oneself over the head is not going to help at this time.

What will help is this:
    • I suggest you rethink your approach, so spend some time figuring out what has worked during the last months, and what didn't work. Think of ways to improve your schedule, your plans and your routines.
    • Think of the ways that worked for you to avoid urges, and try to come up with "contingency plans" - so you know what to do when the shit hits the fan, and you can react immediately. Having a plan in place like this is very important, because the faster you are able to respond, the greater your chances of succes are. The longer you wait around trying to think of what to do, the more time you give the addiction.
      • For example: "I feel a tiny bit of urge, a little nagging thought at the back of my head, and I can feel my mind starting to go there more and more - This is an emergency! Emergency protocol: Go for a walk. O.K. 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 : Execute!" *Puts on coat and boots, goes for a walk*"
    • We all know how this works, if we don't find something else to do immediately, the urges will grow stronger and stronger until we find ourselves following along blindly. The "point of no return" is much earlier than we think - in fact, only a few moments of fantasizing is enough to trigger a spiral of urges that will eventually get the best of us.
      • Some people describe this as doing the dishes. If you wash the dishes everytime you use them (=stop fantasizing immediately), cleaning up is simple and easy. But if you avoid the dishes for a long time (=keep fantasizing), you will have to face a great mountain of dishes and this will be impossible unless you are superman.
    • In fact, actually starting to do the dishes every time (the real life dirty plates and dishes I mean). This will be a great way to train some discipline and get some of that feeling of cleanliness and order back in your lives.
    • Clean your room and rearrange it. This will give you a clean feeling inside that you can build on. Make your sorroundings very orderly, keep everything clean and in control. This will signal a feeling of control to your brain and you will increase your chances of success.
    Ok that's it. I'm off to do the dishes

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  19. Single Palm Change

Thanks! I'm also very glad to hear that you are doing so well.