So, we didn't go to the moon then

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Some guy sent me this video.. and I'm blown away.
    Buzz Alderin. The guy that was a pilot in the Apollo 11 mission, the first guy to step on the moon( along with another guy), just got tired to keep the lie to himself I guess, and he just shared this mindblowing thing.
    I guess when you hit such an old age, you start to not care about any possible pressure from Nasa anymore..

Watch for yourself. Straight from the mouth of the first man who "stepped on the moon".

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2018
  2. I showed this video to my husband and he said it sounds like he said "we did go there." And if that's the case, the rest of what he said makes sense. If he says "didnt," then the rest of this is total nonsense and I have no idea what hes trying to say.

3. He said they did.

Granted, it isn't hard to incite doubt in the moon landing. Hell, most of the adults at the time the moon landing happened immediately called bullshit on it because they knew it was impossible for such an event to happen. Most folks today heard of the moon landing or saw a recording of it on TV when they were a child and since you're a child, you'll believe nearly anything adults say.

But if I'm being fair, he said they did go when you compare the first time he probably said the word "didn't" to the other times he definitely said the word "didn't" as well as using context.

Kinda makes the video title a bit funny to me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2018
  4. To me it sounds very clear that he said : we didn't. He saying that we didn't go, and that they were fascinated by the people cheering on them saying "we did it"( when they went on the world tour) and so it makes sense because he then said that he felt good about it and, continued to.. lie. ( you can't disappoint a whole world just like that, you feel like a hero). He also said before that it was the fact that the big money kept flowing in and thats a really good reason to keep the world believing.

Everyone is free to believe what they want but to me it sounded very clear. His body language and everything said it clear "we didn't "and then proceeded to explain why. Just repeat that part, you can hear "didNT"not just did.

5. Oh shit.

I have big speakers for audio for my computer and I blasted the volume.

It does sound like he said they "didn't". But contextually, that wouldn't make much sense.

Huh.

6. It actually makes sense. The money! He said it, a bit ashamed, but he said that the money and the president were the pressure.

7. Mate, even if he said "didn't", give the man some rest, he might have done a mistake. Is there nothing more entertaining out there then trying to debunk the moonlanding, shit's been going on for decades.

8. I agree that it sounds like he said didnt, but I also think he could have said "did" and maybe had some flem in his throat or who knows what. If you continue his sentence after saying "we did/didnt" it wouldn't make any sense if he said didn't. If he said did, then the rest of his sentence makes perfect sense. If he said didnt, then the rest of that sentence sounds like the bumbling rambles of an old man losing his mind.

Also, if his response to that girl was going to be basically "well, nobody has gone to the moon since then because it was all fake and we never went in the first place," then why wouldn't he just say that? If that's what he was trying to say, then it would be clear. The entire rest of everything he said after that doesnt match up, grammatically or otherwise, with him saying "we didnt go."

9. Now for full context here's the full video:

SanSolo likes this.
  10. From watching the actual video interview it's obvious the OP post is complete nonsense.

It seems to me the girl is being forced to do this video and then the obvious question is is this child abuse? That's what we should be discussing not this nonsense about whether the moon landing actually happened!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2018
    SanSolo likes this.
  11. Exactly. It's like were analysing a conversation between a grandfather and his granddaughter. Watch the full interview and let's just say his mind isn't as sharp as it used to be. It's interesting that @MentalRove tags this as truth but he's tried to keep us away from the full interview.

SanSolo likes this.
  12. idk, i try not to get involved in conspiracy theories it just sucks you in asking question without answers

GigglingTrout likes this.
  13. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

I'm a senior in mechanical engineering, and I have taken an astrodynamics course as an elective. The moon landings are completely plausible. It actually makes more sense that they actually went to the moon, as it would actually be harder to fake it than to actually do it. The USSR would have called us on it if we tried to fake it. If you look at the stats on the Saturn V, it does have the delta-V budget to send people to the moon and back. They even put reflectors on the moon that people can bounce lasers off of if they have good equipment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Laser_Ranging_experiment

14. Okey dokie. I have a question for you, then.

You're in a car traveling at 60 miles per hour and it's doing this mostly by itself. Suddenly, you see that store you like, but you're unable to stop the car.

So you hop out and make it to the store (and let's just pretend you successfully hopped out of a car moving at 60 miles per hour with little to no injury) and everything's fine, right?

Well, the car is still moving at 60 miles per hour and absolutely NOTHING will stop it. It won't even slow down in the slightest, it will keep going forever.

You cannot take another vehicle to catch up to your car. How do you catch it?

15. Jason_Tesla_19

Wait for it to come all the way back around the Earth.

Deleted Account likes this.
  16. XD I admit your response made me chuckle a little bit. But because you answered that, realistically, you have no vehicle to actually catch up to the car because in this scenario, that car was the only car, right?

So with that, please explain to me the following:

If the Earth is orbitting the sun at 67,000 or so miles per hour, isn't the moon also going the same speed as it perfectly follows and rotates us? So why did they fly TO the moon? If it allegedly took 3 days to get there, if they just waited in place for the moon to come to them, it would've taken less than 4 hours.

Secondly, how would they have ever gotten to the moon in the first place?

We've already established that the Earth is orbitting the sun at 67,000 mph and the moon is also going at least roughly that same speed.

But the fastest recorded rocket speed is only about 36,000 mph. So that already puts a hole in my earlier example because realistically, they wouldn't have been able to park themselves in front of the moon and just wait. But wouldn't this mean they wouldn't have been able catch up to it either? Or is the atmosphere of space also like the atmosphere of Earth?

Explain to me how they perfectly timed a landing with absolutely zero fatal errors on a celestial object moving faster than any rocket we've ever built. Because so far, the only way I can see the moon landing event being real is if the astronauts were horribly left behind in space.

Now before I mention the following, I should note that the following is NOT proof that we didn't go to the moon. I'm only mentioning this because everything in the story should be considered.

It should be noted that at the Apollo 11 Post-Flight Press Conference, all of the astronauts looked absolutely miserable. Armstrong went mostly into hiding and Aldrin became an alcoholic. These men went to the MOON.

I don't know about you, but I'd be absolutely elated knowing that I was a member of the small group that actually went beyond the reaches of Earth. Hell, I'd probably chastise nearly every single celebrity, telling them that their accomplishments were NOTHING compared to mine.

I certainly wouldn't be able to stop talking about it. Hell, my inner poet would probably come out because I just experienced something I could never even imagine and I could've horribly died, but didn't.

The point is, they didn't react anywhere near like that at all. Isn't that at least just a little bit strange?

Now one should have to agree that if we really did go to the moon, it was man's greatest achievment. Right? But, following Freedom Of Information requests in America, NASA admitted it had lost all their original video footage of the Apollo Missions. Also allegedly beamed back from the moon was voice data, biomedical monitoring data, and telemetry data to monitor the location and mechanical functioning of the spaceship. All this date was about 13,000 reels and literally ALL of them are "missing".

Also missing, according to NASA and its various subcontractors, are the original plans/blueprints for the lunar modules. And for the spacesuits and lunar rovers. And for the entire multi-sectioned Saturn V rockets.

Explain to me how it's easier to believe that NASA royally screwed up SO BAD to have lost the entire alleged record of the moon landings rather than think that the data never existed at all.

What if the Catholic Church said:

"We had undeniable proof and data of God on 13,000 reels. But we lost it."

13,000 reels of data is about 900 boxes. How does a large organization lose literally EVERY single box?

You, with a sound mind in this scenario, would immediately jump to the conclusion that they never had this data in the first place. Why is the Moon Landing an exception?

17. Jason_Tesla_19

There is a big difference between absolute speed and relative speed. Absolute speed doesn't really even mean anything, as how do you even measure speed relative to static fabric of spacetime? You have to pick a reference object. The Moon's speed relative to the Earth is about 1.022 km/s. Most of the fuel in a rocket is used simply to get into low Earth orbit. Lower orbits are faster (about 7.8 km/s), but have less energy (total energy = kinetic energy [due to actual motion] + potential energy [due to height in gravity well]). The Earth and the Moon basically have the same speed around the Sun, the same speed around the galactic center, etc. It's like trying to hop from one car going 63 mph to the one passing it going 65 mph. The fact they are going over 60 mph doesn't matter, only the 2 mph difference. Space has negligible drag, unlike cars on a freeway.

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. No. Honey you can't have that sweet. Honey be still, we're at church/on an airplane. Those aren't abuse either.

19. Like Tesla 19 said above. It's like asteroid belt. It's going around in a way bigger circle than terra and the moon. The sun keeps ALL rotating, not just the planets. If anything, it won't move things close to it's size or bigger, not smaller ones. Also the galaxy ... so it's every living being already drunk the solar bull, and the cosmic bull and the red bull on earth. So he's got enough wings to keep up with all...oh wait, why is the earth bulll red? Hes a fapstronaut, right?

Well, they were just going to pick someone else do it. Also, the astronauts didn't build their ships, unlike fapstronauts who do it all on their own Will and IRON :p. The guy who travelled the world in 80 days didn't build his transport but surely has more to be proud because he figured it. Those others guys just supposedly did some physical training and dreamed hard about Star Wars saga.

20. There's a difference between that and the video!