1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fuck this shit, I'm out.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Dec 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm so beyond tired of the mods on this site and being reported for ridiculous things.

In my personal journal, MONTHS ago, I wrote this post, and am now being flagged for "misogynistic language."

Nothing in that post is misoygnistc, and I'm so fucking done. I cant call a woman who sent lewd pictures to my husband, fully knowing hes married to me, a "slut" without being labeled a misogynist?

Honestly, this is the last straw. This site is fucking nuts. I've gotten in trouble for telling someone to "fuck off" after he repeatedly posted multiple messages about what a terrible person I am and that I'm a worthless piece of garbage. I've had a mod delete a thread of mine because he didnt like it, even though it violated zero rules, and that same mod threw out my request for an appeal and basically absolutely nothing was done about it. And several other occasions I have been dished out punishments completely unjustified, and I'm just honestly sick of it.

I'm well aware this post will get deleted, but I dont give a fuck anymore. This site is ridiculous, most of the mods are ridiculous, and I'm so so beyond done. Ban me for all I care.

Been a fun ride I guess, but I'm out, because this is ridiculous as fuck. If I'm not allowed to softly vent in my personal journal about a situation that really greatly hurt me, then what the fuck good is this place? I'm done.

Hopefully this will cause people to think twice about the moderation around here. Probably not though. Whatever.

2. Thats crazy, i heard some other people complain about their old posts getting deleted for the same reason. I guess someone is on the war path...whatever. People nowadays get offended way too easily and its only gonna get worse from here. Anyway, if you are really bagging out, i guess i should say bye and wish you best of luck. Its been fun.

3. I'll miss you most. But yeah, I really am leaving, because I'm sick of this. It took dozens of reports and was initially considered "not actionable" to get a comment taken down in which a guy was literally advising another guy to rape his wife, but heaven forbid I use the word slut to describe someone who is a slut. Sorry, but it's an accurate description.

LEPAGE, Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  4. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

5. I will forever stand by the fact that the word slut is not misogynistic unless the sentence is "women are sluts." Changing the sentence "this girl is kind of a slut" to "this girl is kind of promiscuous" does absolutely nothing. Neither sentence is misogynistic in any way. Are we seriously not allowed to criticize women without it being labeled misogynism? That's absurd. If some guy came up and keyed my car and I said "this dick keyed my car!" would that be reported for misandry? I highly doubt it... because it's not. It's just calling it as it is.

6. Damn, you really got in trouble for calling a slut a slut? Geez... everybody's turning into a little bitch these days. Even mainstream music is glorifying women like that, but I digress.

Sorry this happened to you. Maybe I'll leave as well. It's hard to trust mods that are quick with the punishing hand, if this really is happening to more than a few people.

7. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

I hope you don't leave Castielle. I think you're really cool and you've written some really great stuff in your time here. Maybe take a break for awhile? I don't know what's going with all the riffs between you and other users and the mods, but I hope things can work out in a way that everyone can tolerate. I understand your frustration in the specific incident you've posted about here. It's absurd. If you really are hell bent on leaving, you will be missed.

8. Yeah, its happened to me tons of times. And I have no problem admitting when I actually do something wrong. I've been issued punishments for things that I've said "okay, fair enough, I shouldnt have done that." But I'm not going to say that if it's not true.

And yeah, its definitely hard to trust mods when a mod personally tells you while issuing you a report that he doesnt like you and thinks you're entitled and then personally handles the report you make about his behavior and throws out your appeal and deletes the thread you make about him behaving inappropriately, and his reason for deleting the thread is that I said the issue was resolved when I said no such thing. And guess what, that mod got absolutely no punishment and i got zero communication about the situation at all and hes still on the moderation team. Its fucked up. If this were my site, I would demand my moderators act with more maturity and respect and not abuse their power like that. But I guess that kind of behavior is perfectly fine here.

SilentJay313 and Deleted Account like this.
  9. I've tried that multiple times, but things never change and they've only gotten worse. I'm just so done. I cant sit around and watch that kind injustice and abuse of power with no repercussions and continue to support the site by being on it.

But I appreciate your kind words, it means a lot.

10. I'm just kind of laying out all the behind the scenes crap that I've been witnessing for months and havent said in fear of being banned, because now I honestly dont give a crap about being banned anymore.

11. We had our disagreements but I appreciate your point of view and you'll be missed if you go... maybe you can try contacting Alexander directly and airing your concerns.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2018
  12. To be clear, when I rant about the mods here, I dont mean all of them. Not all of them are bad.

13. I got notified about an old post recently too, although in my case it was probably justified. For me, going forwards, I plan to stick to the reboot logs, especially mine. I've wasted too much time on 'off topic' and 'problematic sexual behavior'.

14. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

15. You do have good opinions
    worthwhile hearing.
    Glad for your voice.

I deleted a thread of my own this morning. Just trying to make sure I’m civil.

A lot of wild stuff here.
    Moderators may be hurt individuals,
    too.

Glad it is here overall for the recovery of offers.

16. I havent sent any messages directly to Alexander, but it's not like hes out of the loop completely... so I dont see the point. I've tried to formally appeal one of these situations, and basically nothing happened and nobody even ever officially contacted me to tell me how the situation was handled, or if it even was. I was given some info from a mod I'm friends with, but that was more just in the midst of conversation, not anything official from the mod who was supposedly handling my appeal. If I remember correctly, I dont think I was ever told anything about that situation, although I might not be remembering that correctly. But I do know for sure that the mod in question is still a mod and didnt seem to really have any repercussions for deleting my thread for no reason and telling me I'm entitled and he doesnt like me after I asked to make an appeal. He didnt even tell me how to make an appeal, he just basically said that it was dumb that i wanted one and that I'm entitled because i expect "special treatment." Asking for an appeal is not special treatment. Everyone here has the right to request an appeal. And he never gave me any information about how to do that. I just had to report his message to me and say in my report that I requested an appeal, in case he didnt pass along the message because it clearly didnt seem like he was going to.

17. Oh yeah, and then the dude had his buddy send me this:

"
    Castielle,

Your actions in this message (Castielle) are not appropriate:
    It is not acceptable to attack or abuse a moderator, especially in the course of their duties. As a result, you are being issued a mute. This mute is in addition to any current mutes or other corrective actions being applied.

To be clear, if this behavior continues, you will be banned.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Further violations of the rules will result in more severe corrective actions in accordance with the ToS and the forum rules."

This was after I posted a thread about the situation and simply said that I didnt think the decision was fair and that I was requesting an appeal and was concerned the mod would delete my request before anyone saw it. My thread was not attacking in any way, and the message quoted to show what I was being muted for just said "castielle." No message of mine was quoted... probabaly because I didnt attack anybody. And yet I'm pretty certain both those mods are still on the team.

18. Damn, thats even worse. Thays WAY messed up

19. Yeah, it absolutely is messed up. I cant fathom how that person wasnt dismissed from the moderation team immediately. It was a complete abuse of power, and when I posted publicly to call out this abuse of power, he had his buddy issue me another punishment for "attacking a moderator" and had me muted.

To be fair, the mute was overturned and another mod said that should have never happened. But nothing was ever done about the original issue in the first place.

20. Also, when I asked for clarification he literally just said "we do not discuss specifics." So I said I wanted to speak to another mod about it, and he said that he was the only mod online at the moment so if I wish to resolve it, "this is the best method to do so." I said resolve how? You refuse to give me any information... at which point he decided that by saying I didnt want to speak with him anymore, I was saying that the issue was resolved and that he could go ahead and toss out my appeal and delete my thread about it, because "the issue has been resolved." And then he told me my entitlement to be exempt from forum rules is an issue. Even though I was literally just asking for clarification, not asking to be exempt from any rules....

Honestly, my biggest gripe with the moderation here is that they give no clarification at all, and if you ask for it, they (at least the ones I've had interactions with most of the time) act like you're being a brat. I dont see why it has to be so robotic and why you cant just have a conversation like a human being without being treated like you're asking to be exempt from the rules.

I feel like some of the mods just cant handle being criticized or having someone point out their hypocrisy. If I get reported for something that I've seen dozens of people do on here every day with no issue, you better believe I'm gonna ask what gives? Because it seems really strange and like a double standard. But sometimes it feels like you cant even question them without getting in more trouble for "attacking a moderator" or something.

Deleted Account likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.