1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

An interesting parallel

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mark, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

Has anybody ever seen the film 'Fast Food Nation'?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0141006870

Basically the film (not a documentary as the makers rightly realised they would make much more of an impact making a script that systematically, via the characters/scenarios slowly and devastatingly exposes the totally greedy, dirty underhanded and plain nefarious industry that the fast food industry is in 'reality')

Anyway the main character is a marketing guy who is told by the CEO that somebody has exposed the fact that there is, quite literally, cow shit getting into the burgers (which the guy later discovers is due to the appalling production line conditions where quantity is WAY more important than quality- a common 'side effect' of out and out greed and materialism)

He also discovers the appalling mentality of the entire production 'process', including (and this is just the VERY tip of the iceberg!) the employers at 'fast food retail outlets' who subtly brainwash young kids to work selling this 'shit' with no regard whatsoever for their prospects or future because all that matters to them these employers is that they have 'efficient' cogs in their filthy, poisonous, corrupt, money making machine.

I could go on and on but the film pretty much exposes the fact that the fast food industry is rotten to the core BEYOND question!

What the guy also manages to do is rationalize that 'hell', he ENJOYS these burgers, as do millions of other people around the world. Ok, he's seen the suffering in the factories and the disgraceful way in which these animals are 'manufactured' and slaughtered for the profit of their 'owners' but hey, there's one BIG consideration to be made...

He and his buddies are getting VERY well paid for playing their part in all this. He has his own office. A lovely home. A lovely wife and 3 'burger eatin' mouths to feed.

This is his career. And he knows nothing else.

And those kids working at MacDonalds, its a job right?!! And just look at all the jobs we create. We LOVE our burgers so what if there is shit in them, the artificial, chemical flavourings taste pretty darn good job to me! Right?!?!

So he turns the other cheek and by the end of the film we see him presenting the latest advertising campaign to HIS 'owners', the CEOs of the fast food company he has SOLD himself to.

Ring any bells?

And we see this mentality EVERYWHERE...

"Just look at us.
    Everything is backwards, everything is upside down.
    Doctors destroy health,
    lawyers destroy justice,
    psychiatrists destroy minds,
    scientists destroy truth,
    major media destroys information,
    religions destroy spirituality,
    and governments destroy freedom."
    ~Michael Ellner

What times the X factor on tonight?!? Wouldnt wanna miss that! Pass me a beer...'aahhhh', that feels good, turn the TV up honey I don't wanna hear myself 'think' whilst I eat my shit!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mgn-fXZRiM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

'None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free!!'

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  2. aristotling

aristotling Fapstronaut

The Buddha diagnosed this human condition over 2500 years ago. Nothing has changed since then.

3. Mark

Mark Distinguished Fapstronaut

Indeed he did, and indeed it hasn't!