When your peers have families and good jobs

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by joem351, Mar 7, 2020.

1. joem351

joem351 Fapstronaut

Is anyone in a situation where your friends have families and good jobs and you’re kind of stuck where you are and lonely? No one has time for you? It’s why I quit social media. I got jealous of the happy couples and families and women flashing their cleavage complaining about not finding a good man. It also drove me to my habit (once 3-4 times a week) I’m at day 13

bluemax4 and Ghost79 like this.
  2. Free your mind

Free your mind Fapstronaut

Yes. I hate social events because of that..where everyone gets there with his wife/girl. And Im always alone.
    Bit we have to repair ourselfs, after that everything will be better.

RegainingControl and Arez01 like this.
  3. untunedguitar

untunedguitar Fapstronaut

True but remember:
    1. You can use that as motivation to improve yourself and in time hopefully be as successful as you initially wanted.
    2. Everyone has problems, even the hottest, richest couple in the world. Don't compare with social media, things are always way worse than they appear on screen, or even in real life. Try to live the best life you can achieve, not try to live someone else's life for them.

ANewFocus and Fifth Horseman like this.
  4. The one thing i learned that has really helped me was to stop playing the victim YOU HAVE A CHOICE. No one dragged you to those sites YOU CHOSE TO VIEW THEM AND YOU CHOSE TO BE UPSET BY THEM

ANewFocus and leetspeak like this.
  5. joem351

joem351 Fapstronaut

I’m on the verge of selling my soul to the devil to make at least $40,000 a year

6. joem351

joem351 Fapstronaut

I work 7 days a week

7. leetspeak

leetspeak Fapstronaut

I once had a job where I had to work 7 days a week to meet deadlines. Ended up quitting for my own sanity.

I would suggest the same to you, unless you really love your job.

ANewFocus likes this.
  8. joem351

joem351 Fapstronaut

One job for the health insurance the other job because I’m broke. The 2nd job is a physical job and it’s making me lose weight

ANewFocus likes this.
  9. Nines

Nines Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Congrats on making it to 13 days. I'm glad you quit social media because the way you were using it was mentally unhealthy. Virtually spying on others only to feel down and jealous won't help you. Right now, your sole focus should be on self improvement. Don't worry about what other people are doing. If you want to be happy, then do the things that will make you happy. Follow your own goals, hobbies and interests. While companionship is great, it is not the prize. Your self realization is the prize and you can certainly achieve that. Have faith in yourself.

ANewFocus, Coffee Candy and leetspeak like this.
  10. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

I'm 40 and its all too late for me. I will be alone and really wanted to have children and to live with a woman I could love and be loved back. I had a few dates, tried many dating sites and even day gamed in streets for years...All in vain :(

11. Free your mind

Free your mind Fapstronaut

Come on man, its not too late, what are you talking about. Youre only 40! You can achieve anything, you can improve your life even in 6 months so much that you cant believe. Just have faith and decide to improve! Day by day, every day. You can still achieve wonders. Wife and kinds and happy life, everything!

ANewFocus likes this.
  12. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

That is senseless optimism.

13. joem351

joem351 Fapstronaut

Is it spying when it’s constantly being posted?

14. All of my friends and family have better careers than me. I live with my dad still and have very little social life. However I don't think it's useful to compare yourself to others - they'll always be somebody doing better than you and somebody doing worse... it's all about perspective.

ANewFocus and leetspeak like this.
  15. leetspeak

leetspeak Fapstronaut

There's a difference between not comparing yourself to others and doing something about a situation you find unfavorable.

If you are in an unfavorable situation and want to change it so you're in a better one, then it's worth it to do something about it. You don't need to compare yourself to others to do that. But again, this is a judgment call.

You should only strive to improve for your own sake and not for others. You should also strive to improve but not use it so that others will eventually compare themselves to you. Validation flees all the time, and doesn't even last that long anyways. It's also very subjective, so there's no point in constantly seeking it out. One thing is relevant at one point, and then irrelevant in another. It's just how life goes.

bluemax4 likes this.
  16. I'm of the opinion you should always try to improve yourself and become the best version of you, you can become. If you're going to compare yourself then compare yourself to yesterday and see if you're improving and moving forward with your life. If not, do something about it.

ANewFocus likes this.
  17. joem351

joem351 Fapstronaut

I hate my life. I have 2 low paying jobs and work 7 days a week. I wish I could afford trade school or can join the military (I tried to get in). I live with my mother. I don’t have time or money for anything fun. My peers have been lucky (trust me a bunch of them were slackers in school). Going on day 14 of nofap and I just have sore balls, headaches, and frustration. I’m trying to find a better job but I just don’t have any luck.

ANewFocus likes this.
  18. See if you can find a hobby that doesn't require any money, even if it's just going out with a friend regularly. Only thing you can do with the job is keep persisting applying for better ones, see if you can maybe take a course to go on your CV. And try to look on the positive side - some people don't have a place to live, don't have a job etc

19. joem351

joem351 Fapstronaut

Everything costs money and or time. I’ve been told my resume and everything are great from people I’ve tried networking with for the industry I want to get into. I’m not suicidal but sometimes I just don’t see the point. Sometimes I think if the evangelical Christians are right I’m going to Hell anyway so maybe selling my soul to the devil isn’t such a bad idea. But common sense and every movie on the subject of selling your soul to the devil shows it backfires

20. Maybe look at another industry if you're having no look in your preferred one. I know a lot of hobbies are expensive but you can still find low cost things to do. I wouldn't worry too much about what Organised Religion says either, they all say something different which leads me to the conclusion that no one really knows...