1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

wanting sex vs wanting a partner

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by enz, Nov 16, 2020.

1. enz

enz Fapstronaut

does nofap personally make you want to hookup or want a partner?

2. neverpolitcallycorrect

neverpolitcallycorrect Fapstronaut

That depends on you NOT NoFap, what do U want?

3. Personally neither, i just want more cakes.

yrjyrj and Icouldprobablyhelp like this.
  4. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

I bounce between the two ... but end up with neither.

5. Yes, I tend to have more genuine romantic thoughts and less visceral, sexually motivated thoughts as my NoFap recovery progresses.

Icouldprobablyhelp likes this.
  6. iwanttoheal

iwanttoheal Fapstronaut

It encourages me to build myself and my life up rather than either.

I learned the hard way that neither a relationship or hook ups can truly satisfy me unless I’m living up to my own standards.

7. Ngo27

Ngo27 Fapstronaut

I think NoFap can increase desire for both wanting sex and a partner. However, we should also use the time and energy from NoFap to improve different aspects of our lives.

iwanttoheal likes this.
  8. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Yes, even now in the latter stages of no PMO together or separately, I get intense urges for sexual hookups (one-night stands or ongoing one-night stands), even though this has not been characteristic of me for many years. Usually, PMO satisfies all such urges, and I know even now that if I relapse with PMO (as the lesser of the two evils in my mind), all the intense onset urges for random hookups, which become hallucinatory almost for me as well, and all the thoughts of how to make it all happen would vanish. It's all quite distressful to me in PMO recovery, and I've been suffering this off/on from days 50 through day 70. It's quite terrible.

I don't know if that's what you mean. Maybe you meant hooking up in a normal relationship, which is not what I'm taking about.

9. I tend to think more about having a partner rather than having sex. I just really want that little feel of safety you get when there' s someone close to trust.

10. Trobone

Trobone Fapstronaut

It;s a struggle honestly. I'm working with a professional to untie my self-esteem with my sex life with my wife. Right now if we don't have sex, I take it very personally, and after long enough I create resentment and anger because I connect emotional intimacy with sex. I need to disconnect those to accept that she can love me and be attracted to me, but not want to have sex. it's not healthy at all on my part.