1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hello, fellow nofap members! I am new to this website and just found out how things like this challenge work. I don't keep track of streaks, but for the purpose of this challenge, I will give an estimate as to how far I am into my current one. It has been at LEAST a month and a half, so about 6 weeks. I will say I hit day 40 today. :) Will be posting daily updates.

2. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

3. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 25,

Homework push and class this afternoon. Some urges for sure, intending to keep free from fishing this day.

Edit: I brief dip into fishing, staying strong and left before hitting anything NSFW. Not sure if it is a chaser from yesterday (I had been with my partner) in addition from school's workload.

Strength to you Fellowship!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  4. Thomas3

Thomas3 Fapstronaut

Checking in on Day 13

5. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Tuesday check in

I've been away for a few days because I traveled across country to see family for Easter. It was good, but now I begin my struggle to get back into my home routine. I can do it, though. I look forward to making some good progress this week!

6. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 119. Feeling great today. I am approaching the best shape of my life and am overall feeling really healthy. Super excited to continue down this path and see where it takes me. So far the benefits have been amazing.

Johnthesavage, HE^MAN, Toni7 and 9 others like this.
  7. OttarrTheVendelCrow

I feel the same way when it comes to relationships. No PMO has helped me to realize that I should make my relationships count. I finally feel like I do not HAVE to find someone. Keep your head up. If you are looking you will find something.

8. OttarrTheVendelCrow

So true!

9. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

i relapse Fellowship, sorry :(

Broke my semen retention streak yesterday with wife, and today the chaser effect got the best of me.

But i will come back stronger. 100% garanteed i will not binge. See you tomorrow :)

Johnthesavage, HE^MAN, ksie and 10 others like this.
  10. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

265 days the stairs of Cirith Ungol
    340 days no PMO, semen retention

11. greenTree

greenTree Fapstronaut

Here I am, lost and found, was thinking to come back here recently due lack of motivation to do the monk work. Feeling proud I was on that list.
    And u know guys, its kinda hard doing monk mode alone. I think I managed to survive twice 14days+, was amazing time but lockdown time is hard.

So let me back on right track. This group can be really motivating at the very beginning. Im definetly an orc now,

12. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

Something just dawned on me. Well... a few things. I was eating lunch and started feeling like crap. Tired and groggy. Realized it is the same feeling I get after eating perogies. Always thought it was the perogies. I had sour cream with my nachos today. Had perogies last week with no sour cream and was fine. It’s the sour cream. Anyways. With the feeling like crap came temptations to pmo. I have lots to do today but I gave myself 45 min to lay down. When I feel better the urges should go away. I used to think that when I was having urges they would never go away. No. I feel like poop and my body knows it can pmo to feel better. For a moment. lol it also occurred to me on longer streaks when I fall it is probably when I feel like crap. Or it is chasers from a wet dream. I usually gave up a couple days into serious temptations. I now know I just have to wait another day or so and they should subside if they are the chaser effect from a wet dream. I have read that chasers last from 1 to 3 days. I can last that long with lots of temptations. Either I am not feeling good physical or emotionally and I will eventually feel better or s, having the chaser effect and the temptations should only last a few days. Good news,

13. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

That's the spirit! Get right back up, brother!

14. Diderik

Diderik Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Day zero again. :( I relapsed yesterday and today.

15. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut

16. Teutão

Teutão Fapstronaut

Day 3. Very peaceful today.

17. Baby Yoda

Baby Yoda Fapstronaut

18. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Had heavy urges but overcame them. Tough night it was.

Day 9 check-in (Attempt 4) - Uruk-Hai

19. Day 1 complete.
    This is a really important, underappreciated point. PMO makes relationships unhealthy, whether existing ones or ones a person is attempting to start. All through my years of being a PMO addict and not fighting it I was desperate to be in a relationship. When I finally found one, I ended up ruining it by making it all about the physical, sexual side of things. PMO sets up unnatural standards and desires. One of the most beautiful things to come out of me finally making an attempt to fight this is a greater sense of self-control and self-worth. I'm not defined by my relationship status. I don't have to try and force a relationship. I'm better than that.

On a somewhat similar note, I'm definitely feeling the consequences of my last reset. My thoughts are slower and the right words won't come to me. This sucks! But at least I'm doing something about it.

St. Thomas of Aquinas, pray for us!