1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

Still on zero. Today I’ve woken up early and my girlfriend told me something like “you can have fun, it’s still early, go play on the xbox or read a nice book or something like that” and then she went to work, and not a minute later I was deep in a two hour binge.

And I have to say that for something like 30 minutes I wasn’t even enjoying myself all that much. It’s sad, but sometimes I feel like PMO is the greatest feeling in the world and sometimes I know that all I feel during that time is just “nothing” it’s like time travel, and on some sick level that is what I love about it. so I’ve lost myself in that again today. And I want to quit but I feel like I’ve just lost my edge and I need to make some drastic change to my life in order to jump start my NoFap life. And I know it’s bullshit and that all I need to do is just fully understand that I need to quit right now and not in some other time or situation.

Anyway. I haven’t giving up yet. And as much as it is shitty to post everyday about staying on day zero, at least I am still here.

2. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

Day 16
    Let the journey begin!
    Hobbit!

3. UpInSmokeTour

UpInSmokeTour Fapstronaut

Goodmorning Fellowship!
    Feeling tired today, since I haven't been sleeping that well. I know what to do about this though, because it has everything to do with my phone.
    I had a pretty good sleep schedule the last couple of weeks, but I started bringing my phone to bed again the last couple of days.
    And you know how it goes. You tell yourself 'I will just watch 1 video', but of course this never happens. And then all of sudden it's 2 hours later. I'm going to put my phone somewhere again where I can't reach it. Starting today.

@RiseToGreatness, can you upgrade my rank to Dwarf? Thanks in advance!

Stay strong everybody and have an awesome day!

4. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Checking in.

St. Agnes of Rome and Augustine of Hipo, pray for us!

5. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. Solid night of sleep; ready to hit the day. I will honor my inherent goodness by striving to be my best self today--diligent, compassionate, and motivated. Let's go!

6. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

that´s the whole point :). the reason why i choose orc over gollum, is that gollum is a victim of the ring, which could be diminishing and uninspiring for rebooters. but orc´s and uruk-hais are entities of evil, which can make rebooters alergic to relapses and more aware of how they become when living in pmo ;)

thanks for your words bro :). very truthful!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  7. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

Day 223
    Days to Elf king: 2!

A Public Service Announcement: you are capable!

8. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship.

As promised, no binging! Reflecting about yesterday, i basically had two moments of weakness, first the semen retention collapse, as i got carried away with my wife and lacked the clarity to refrain myself. then, the next day (yesterday) the addicted mind start luring me into "well, you broke the semen retention might as well go the all way, and restart the pmo counter". this is obviously stupid but addict i am, and i couldn´t keep my mind out of that idea, and when the urges from the chaser started creeping in, i didn´t pull up a fight.

anyway, here i am and i´m feeling very solid about this streak, going for my goal of 100 days of semen retention, then switch to a permanent nofap lifestyle. i´m very confident that yesterday was the last time in my life i did pmo :)

Let´s carry on. The following members are rocking on their paths. Congratulations!!! :)

@Juxtaposition - Uruk-Hai
    @rotten_tomato - Hobbit / Hobbiton (The journey has started bro. Give them hell!!! ;) )
    @UpInSmokeTour - Dwarf / Moria
    @archie.hill - Dwarf-King / Tower of Cirith Ungol

A special salute to our returned brother @greenTree :). And a wave of support to our brothers in struggle @DudeAlex and @bob200 . We love you brothers!!! Hang in there.

Checking out Fellowship!! Have a great day :)

9. Morning, everyone!

I will lay out a few things you should know about me since I will be staying here for a while. I am an 18 y.o. male and in a temporary breakup from my ex-girlfriend. She wants to get herself to a more stable mental state before continuing the relationship and I fully agree with her logic. However, that has caused some pressure to build up in terms of nofap. I am still a virgin, but prior to things being put on hold, we discussed having sex soon (probably not gonna happen for months now). I planned on maintaining semen retention until my first time with her in bed regardless, then after I got it out of my system I would either do a few more times without holding back before continuing or continue retention right away, but because of these unique circumstances, I will have to retain for quite some time. I am trying to use this extra... (power?) to do cardio and have been dieting for a 6-pack (for myself, not her, even if she'd love it). I also have been doing schoolwork as a soon-to-be-graduated senior in HS.

So, that being said, my biggest reason for doing semen retention is fixing my premature ejaculation problem. It has been, as I mentioned, at least 40 days (likely quite a bit more), so I am definitely getting closer to my goal! I just realized I would need to probably pass day 90 before sex for the highest chance at fixing my PE, so maybe this temporary hold-up is a good thing. :)

Day 41 complete

10. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Wednesday check in

I haven't done much so far besides cold shower and pray, so I'm just dropping by to say hi.

I have a lot on my plate right now, but I feel confident about it and know I can accomplish everything I'm faced with.

11. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Day 0 people.
    I cannot resist using the willpower method..
    I need to try and get something else done..
    Will power just don't work anymore

12. Thancred

Thancred Fapstronaut

13. The reason you don't have willpower is that mindset, my friend.

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/recovery-speedup-advice-first-90-days.306758/

I made a thread about speeding up recovery, but what I say on there is also important for avoiding a relapse. Read it and do your best to apply. :)

14. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

15. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

2 days. Feeling good today. Figured something out yesterday. I was under the assumption that when I am healed of my childhood traumas that I would be able to get over this easy. I think I was mistaken. I use Pmo to soothe me when I am emotionally or physically uncomfortable. Figured out dairy does not agree with me yesterday. Even feeling the discomfort of that caused temptations to pmo. I just need to realize that when I am tempted that I am uncomfortable with something, figure out what it is that is causing it and live through it until it is better or do something about it. I can get through that. Could also be chaser effect after a happy dream. Those last no longer than 3 days. Just know that I need to get though the temptations for the next few days and I should be doing better. Do everything for my well being to make to limit my discomfort. Figure others things out to help the discomfort and keep myself away from the internet for a few days after a happy dream.

16. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

17. Strugglingforyears

Strugglingforyears Fapstronaut

Check in Day 3

I am back to an orc after another reset. I am back to focusing on basics. I don’t want this happening again.

18. ksie

ksie Fapstronaut

Hard to believe but 18day!
    I am crossing Brandywine river!

I can laugh in PMO's face!
    btw, how I can add a gif to the post?

19. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Besides the post reply bottom, there's is an upload file bottom you press it and you can upload it Screenshot_20210407_142017.jpg

ksie, Toni7, RiseToGreatness and 3 others like this.