Post published by Messedup

Lost my job because of this addiction

As if enough pain i have bestowed upon myself because of this addiction.Something way more worse happened which i had never expected to happen in my life.

I lost my job.i was fired from my job.Actually i was expecting it so it was not totally a shock.I was given enough chances and no external entity is to be blamed for this.At times i did improve as i started NoFap.The brain fog was not there but i took it for granted and relapsed and never quite got into quitting.

And then days followed the days of brain fog i would have no clarity whatsoever and would often do the opposite of what i was told to.My superiors would be pissed at me.I would be anxious all the times and would have panic attacks when i was not able to complete my task and then the day came when i was given the final ultimatum.

I tried hard infact got better but there were still some issues and they said they would have to let me go.

I have no one to blame but myself and my addiction. Iam not writing this post for any online sympathy but i just feel the need to vent out my inner frustration.iam 28 making way more less money than i should be making and jobless.I was great at studies ,above average in sports and had the enthusiasm to learn new things.

I am on day 4 relapsed previously on day 5.I would encourage all to make every possible effort to get rid of this addiction.I know i may have more relapse's but i will keep on trying as iam not going to let this addiction dictate my life.

All the best to all fighters out there.
kelsiermistborn more_vert
kelsiermistborn
All the best to you too :')
Messedup likes this.
Truthseeker2403 more_vert
Truthseeker2403
Hey bro, I fully understand and can relate what you are going through. Keep faith, this nofap is the only pathway to come back on track.Think this is a god gifted chance to clean up all negative habits in your life and also take a break for 10-15 days if possible, just focus on health and stay away from PMO. Once feel better, upload your resume at naukri, linkedin etc and seek a new job. I was also in risk of losing my job 5 months back but a timely presentation saved me, still marginally hanging on.
Messedup and u376 like this.
u376 more_vert
u376
I am still unemployed because of social anxiety
Messedup more_vert
Messedup
@u376 try meditation,waking up early in the morning(it's not easy will take time,have some patience) and read books.I would recommend my personal favorite to you "awakening the giant within" by tom robbins . best of your luck with your struggle
u376 likes this.
Messedup more_vert
Messedup
@Truthseeker2403 Thanks for the tip.I have started taking initiatives and making changes to my life.Iam taking a break to get to know myself.