Cold showers are the BOMB!!!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by malemedusa, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Not if you are in Canada;)

letter and SLIPZ19 like this.
  2. Bambazox

Bambazox New Fapstronaut

Here in Brazil cold shower = warm shower if it's done while daytime, so i tried to take a showers at 5a.m and it totally worked! So much energy to work, think and study. I had read about cold showers once but only believed after i feelled the experience. Thanks for the tip! I'll try on a daily basis

3. El fapio

El fapio Fapstronaut

Just tried doing this and shiett is it hard.Managed to stay about 30 seconds, but I ll try to stay longer tomorrow.

4. Ochanomizu

Ochanomizu Fapstronaut

Is it really necessary to stay in the cold shower for so long?

Seems like a waste of water :/ Just a while in there works for me!

5. Phoenix11

Phoenix11 Fapstronaut

Wow. Had a 3 minute cold shower. First since I can remember. It felt great. Thanks for your post!!!

James2016journal and El fapio like this.
  6. The human failure

The human failure Fapstronaut

I refuse to give up my hot showers. It's one of the only things that makes me not want to kill myself.

ItsSeal likes this.
  7. ToGoBeyond

ToGoBeyond Fapstronaut

Great Motivation! I will definitely try cold shower! I heard that cold shower can effectively reduce depression! =)

8. El fapio

El fapio Fapstronaut

Why do you bother replying then.Just to spread your negativity?

Puretim and The |E|volutionary like this.
  9. The human failure

The human failure Fapstronaut

Yep! That's what I do :p

10. El fapio

El fapio Fapstronaut

11. I'm sure it does since you're too cold be anything other than freezing! :D

12. El fapio

El fapio Fapstronaut

To anyone having difficulty with this, just try gradually going from lukewarm to how much cold you can handle in 5 mins.I am on day 4 now and managed to shower for full minute on 100% cold.Just keep pushing yourself :)

13. Physicist

Physicist Fapstronaut

I'm going to give this a go, I have been pussying out far too much from the cold water. Its time to do it ever if I have to kick and scream

James2016journal and El fapio like this.
  14. My preference for shower varies according to season , in summer its cold shower and in winter its hot, even I don't like having one I don't have much option to choose for water for shower....:(:(:(:(

15. notoday

notoday Fapstronaut

So inspiring bro! Great writing too. I think I'll try cold showers myself

16. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I’ve started having cold showers and I love it. I start with lukewarm water then switch to cold all the way pretty much straight away. I’m under there for a good 5-10 minutes each time. I love the end where I’ve completely acclimatised and embrace the water like it’s normal. The benefits are worth it, and I just enjoy the sense of accomplishment. Do it.

17. Puretim

Puretim Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Ive been doing it for a few monghs now and its alot easier than when i started. Its a good way to get invigorated and I dont think ill ever stop. Also once a week i fill the tub with cold water ,dump in 20 pounds of ice and soak for 10 minutes. Then i go 10 minutes as hot as i can stand. I feel unbelievably relaxed when im done.

18. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

Yep. Just got out from a cold shower now and once the cold hits my body is used to it. Only takes about 15 seconds to completely adjust. I won’t be stopping. I like how I get out and I’m not sweating, just cool as a cucumber and feeling great.

19. Reginald001

Reginald001 Fapstronaut

Hey guys. I curious after some specifics. What temperatures are we talking here? Where you live really matters, right? For instance, my cold water can get as low as 2 celcius here during fall, winter and spring. I've had a serious and life threatening undercooling of my body event, which sent me to the hospital, at which my core temperature dove beneath 26 celcius. After that I was shaking for 36 hours straight. I'm really interested to take cold showers, but I think specifics are important.

Wat do we define as a cold shower? What temperatures? And is there a scale of temperatures -> effectiveness?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  20. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

As cold as your shower allows would be my answer.

Reginald001 likes this.