1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Please...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by LimitlessPotential, Sep 10, 2017.

1. LimitlessPotential

LimitlessPotential Fapstronaut

Hi,
    My name is limitlesspotential and I need help... Just last week, I started going to college for engineering. Over the past week, things got tough and challenging because I couldn't take proper notes(the prof goes too fast), do any homework questions(didn't know when the days went by), and even finish any assignments(got stuck on so many questions that I feel like giving up..). I came back home from my place of stay to live with my parents over the weekend. Things didn't necessarily get better, they got worst. As I write this today, I will already have fapped(despite being able to resist it close to 30 days...). I feel rotten now, not just because of fapping, but because of the weakness of my mind. My parents keep on telling to stop stressing out, yet somehow I can't stop myself from stressing out. I feel so frustrated that I want to scream out loud... but I can't. Just this Friday, I couldn't take a proper note in Math Class as the prof was speaking fast and guess what, I started to cry. I feel there is something wrong with me in my mind and am unsure what to do. I can't finish any assignments because our laptop's speed is slow, my smartphone broke, and literally many questions don't make sense to me at all(like almost none...). I pressurized myself for that and this is where I am today... I wish I didn't come this week to my parents house, everything back at my place of stay would have been better. I may have been stressing out, but not fapping! I am tired and don't know what to do... I feel like quitting engineering within a week! Can anyone guide me or help me please, I am so lost?
    p.s.I stopped meditating or exercising for one week because I couldn't find time, could that be a reason for me not being strong enough mentally?
    Thanks to everyone in advance
    Sincerely,
    LimitlessPotential

RickDC23 likes this.
  2. RickDC23

RickDC23 Fapstronaut

Hello LimitlessPotential. I am an aeronautical engineering student, I know exactly how do you feel. I have been in this situation before.
    You've only started, I have been a student for almost 2 years, here are my next recommendations for you.

• About notes, remark words you don't understand or try to listen to what teacher says and then write it down with your own words.
    • Secondly, you will need to do a lot of extra class work if you want to understand what is going on, ask your teacher what books he use to do the lecture
    • Third: You need to work on your mindset, for example. If you receive a bad note, instead of thinking you will never do get a good job, realize it's not the end of the world and you can do better on your next test. Think positively for example: this is hard or difficult, i don't understand it but I will eventually.
    • Four, practice effectively focus, do not just watch your teacher but imagine the concepts as he is talking, this might help you better.
    • Five today there is a lot of info on the internet about engineering courses, specially in english, I am assuming you were born american and this is your main language, for example i am Mexican, and it got worse at the begging.
    Do not feel like quitting, remember what makes you study engineering, I usually have to travel 1h30m daily to school so i can have my lectures, remember that there are more people in this planet that go through the same things you do, and don't forget you are not alone doing it. That will help you out a lot.
    It will be all ok, it's just your first week, just find what technique suits the most for you. And stop complaining about your laptop or your cellphone. How do you think great history minds accomplished their goals? do not rely completely on technology.

All this just started at most 10 years ago. If older humans found a way, you surely will do.

Do not give up, I will be here to listen to you bro :)

3. LimitlessPotential

LimitlessPotential Fapstronaut

Thank you very much for your reply man! Sorry for the late reply, but I understand what you mean. In fact I fapped this week for the 2nd time. I will take your advice. Its just when things get harder, I really tend to stress out a lot and end up going down the same drain. Every day, I feel drained of mental energy to perform any daily tasks. I fapped again today, and I don't like it... In face, this week I got my laptop and smartphone... It just aggravated the situation further. I feel like I am going down the same hole, which I tried to fill up.. Do you have any ideas on how to manage stress? Its like I can't do anything, no meditation or exercise.
    Thanks very much again in advance.
    LimitlessPotential