A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. underway

underway Fapstronaut

Welcome Chriss27. You are right, this idea of cumulative success is great and the support from the other guys is really helpful. So enjoy the experience. I wish you a steady progress.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. underway

underway Fapstronaut

That´s the spirit, brother!

Deleted Account and TanglePie like this.
  3. underway

underway Fapstronaut

Awesome! You didn´t just overcome the urges, you even used them to push your limits in another part of your life. Really inspiring. Hold on, mate!

Deleted Account and DerNeuMann like this.
  4. underway

underway Fapstronaut

Step by step, day by day. You are doing a great job, Will!

Deleted Account and DerNeuMann like this.
  5. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Great! Welcome! Read the whole thread. Set a goal you know you can reach. We can add more days to it later. Report here every day and be sure you encourage the other people on the thread.

Deleted Account and TanglePie like this.
  6. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

Also realised I was becoming far too complacent with what I was doing and that is why I slipped. Have to be vigilant. Stressed with Xmas. Tough time of year but least we are all in this together. Love you my brothers and sisters

7. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

0/7.

Just PMO'd. There were no urges, I just came across a video on YouTube, then I discovered that I forgot to set up a filter on my phone since my last relapse and there it went wrong. I wasn't even turned on, so I should have avoided this. But I am glad it didn't last longer than 5 minutes.

I’ve improved a lot the last months, and I am thankful and glad because of that, but at the moment I'm stagnating a bit I think. I need to change something in my life, something practical. Maybe trying to reduce my tech time, or something else. Anyone got ideas?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    SQTO81 likes this.
  8. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

I have taken up Martial Arts which I am enjoying and its giving me discipline, confidence and talking to different people.

I slipped yesterday as I had the tech in my hand while bored. I think its putting it down and doing something else we need to do. I was thinking last night after my relapse that I physically cannot look at P if my device is not in my hand.

DerNeuMann, TC10 and underway like this.
  9. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

Sports can have such a positive effect. Good to hear.

The thing about tech is that we, at least I, can’t live without our pc or phone. We need it for school, work, everything. Filters help a lot, but they don’t protect you for 100%. It can be so helpful and fun and horrible on the same time.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  10. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

I relapsed in a dream last night. It doesn't bother me, really, but it's a little annoyng for the placebo (it's actually called nocebo in this case but whatever) effect. Also, I never ever remember my dreams, why did it have to be this one lol

It was going to go on my fourth date and we were to talk about our relationship (could do that by phone but we both agree it's best in person) but it was heavily raining so a state of weather awareness was declared by the region I live in and so she couldn't go out of the school during the time she's usually freely allowed to (she's only here during weekdays and lives at school).
    But we had to go to school anyways. Hell yeah.

Aside from that, I'm feeling a little down, maybe it's the weather, but I know it's temporary. And I've got music.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  11. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Hey, it's probably not the weather. Your feeling down is a fantastic sign. It means the reboot is moving into the next stage--withdrawal. That's the good news. The bad news is, it's going to be a rough couple of weeks. On the minus side, you'll have headaches, sleepiness, brain fog, irritability, lack of motivation or ambition, it will be really difficult to get yourself to do any sort of work. You may have some depression and more vivid dreams. On the PLUS side, you'll probably flatline, urges will be lower, you'll probably not have morning wood for a few days.

Guess what? It will all pass! and when it does, everything will come roaring back with urges, random B's etc . But the fog will lift and you'll have energy and better focus.

enjoy!

12. Abuchaibe

Abuchaibe Fapstronaut

3 weeks challenge 12/11/17

day 1.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  13. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Yep. Reboot in process. How awesome is that?

14. Abuchaibe

Abuchaibe Fapstronaut

0 days 12/11 includes no MSG One month challenge

underway likes this.
  15. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Great! Welcome. Read the whole thread. Report here daily and learn how to avoid the compulsion by changing your physical environment. Great to have you on my thread.

underway likes this.
  16. Thuki

Thuki Fapstronaut

Hi Guys,

Another progress report from me:
    So far so good, have some smaller urges now and then, but nothing serious. So I am confident in meeting the 60 days goal, although let's wait till the end.
    It will be an interesting experience to see how it goes from there.

underway and TanglePie like this.
  17. SQTO81

SQTO81 Fapstronaut

Two days from the 30-day mark (first of my progressive goals)!
    I’ve done some stupid things in the last few days (namely, I downloaded an app that pushes me in the wrong direction), so as of now I’d really like to clear my mind and focus on what I want and why I’m doing this. Especially considering that I’d really like to get to 90 days and I’m nearly one third of the way there.
    I’ve already caught myself rationalizing a reset, thinking things like: “it happens to lots of people!” and “I can always just start again”.

But I’d rather not go there. I’m not even fighting any strong urges per say, just entrenched habits.

Take care all!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
    underway, TanglePie and DerNeuMann like this.
  18. StayMotivated2017

StayMotivated2017 Fapstronaut

Managed to stay busy through the weekend so I did not post. Day 9 completed.

underway, TanglePie and DerNeuMann like this.
  19. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Awesome! You will start to feel tired, sluggish and crappy some time in the next few days. Don't worry. Normal and it will pass.

TIMMY0110 and underway like this.
  20. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

You got this, man :) You new here, or just starting a new streak?