1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Day 11/14! My longest streak has been 4 days, so I think I'm doing pretty well! Also, haven't watched P for about a month and I feel great! I've never felt better, actually. Really, really close to that sweet 2 week mark, and looking forward to it.
    So, short story (hoping you'll like this, @DerNeuMann). I'm in this youth group that happens every few Mondays. Tonight, we all took a weird something-or-other from our house, wrapped it up, threw it in with the others, and then randomly chose another item. We were sitting in a circle, with all the presents in the middle. There was this really cute girl I'd been glancing at the face of once in a while throughout the meeting (2nd time seeing her there, 1st time in a few weeks, though). I thought she was pretty the 1st time, but I totally forgot about her in between meetings. Anyways... yeah, pretty girl. **Potential trigger** she was wearing yoga pants. So, she walks into the middle of the circle to pick her present (facing away from me, coincidentally) and fully bends over. Old me would've enjoyed the view, but the me I am today hardly felt tempted to look, just looked instead at the present she picked out and the excitement on her face. Made eye contact and shared a smile with her about 4 times throughout the rest of the session, and I even talked to her a bit after. I know for a fact if I looked when she bent over none of that would've happened. It was a good night :)

2. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

1/30 and busy for the week. Weekend I lose focus. I will work on that though

DerNeuMann and underway like this.
  3. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

I feel you, man. Weekends are hard. Just try to keep yourself busy during them, it's especially nice to put yourself in a situation where you literally can't relapse at a time of day when you're normally feeling urges (for example, spending the night sleeping 5 feet away from a friend). Go for a walk or a drive. If you live in the country, drive to the city. If you live in the city, drive to the country. Play music, run, go to restaurants, take walks.. Just.. Get out of your damn room! Lol
    Plan for the weekend while you're focused during the weekdays, so even when you lose focus on weekends you have plans that'll keep you on track. The equivalent of bringing a friend who doesn't drink to a party while you're still sober so he can drive you home when you're drunk (not condoning or chastising drinking, it's just a good analogy).

DerNeuMann, TanglePie and underway like this.
  4. underway

underway Fapstronaut

1/30. For the last two weeks I have had this terrible cough, so I cannot go out, exercise and so on. I have to fight mostly in my head, without any possible distractions. I cannot avoid electronics because I work on my computer and I need to be online. But I have relapsed only once, at the end of the first week. It was my first try and my PA addiction caught me completely unprepared. I am not scared but I know I have to be very careful and work on my habbits.
    I would like to thank you, guys, for all your honesty, guidance and everyday courage. I couldn´t do this without you. Thanks a million!

DerNeuMann and TanglePie like this.
  5. Total control

Total control Fapstronaut

Yesterday i just forgot to mention my 2nd sucessful day and today is the third i hope i will make it.
    Day 3

6. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

7. underway

underway Fapstronaut

You can do that, brother. Your brain, it´s not you. You want to live the real life, get to know your real destiny. Not to hunch in front of your computer and do PMO. Let your weakness be a source of your strength. Tomorrow you´ll be able to say: "This my 4th! I´m sure I will make it!"

Deleted Account and DerNeuMann like this.
  8. underway

underway Fapstronaut

Great streak! One more day and you'll have 3 weeks in your pocket! Well done, my friend!

Deleted Account and DerNeuMann like this.
  9. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

That is amazing. You are making such progress. Other guys are probably reading this and thinking, why wouldn't you look? I know why but I'm going to leave it to you to explain because I like how you frame things. Many congrats on day 11.

10. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Great work and get that cough checked out!

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

I think you can!!! In fact, I'm sure of it!

12. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Doing well! Chances are, the next several days won't be bad at all for you. Enjoy the lull and get out and enjoy life. What new activities/hobbies are you starting?

13. @Deth Yes, Im starting a new streak :) Day 1

DerNeuMann likes this.
  14. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

I'm about to finally get my driving license in the next couple of weeks and then, I'm planning to find a new job :)
    (I'm a student right now, so nothing much happens lol)

DerNeuMann likes this.
  15. Adam Grundy

Adam Grundy Fapstronaut

I’m on day 8, this is the day I usually fail. Wish me luck!

DerNeuMann and Deleted Account like this.
  16. TIMMY0110

TIMMY0110 Fapstronaut

Hi DerNeuMann,

You are inspiring and guiding a lot people to take up the nofap lifestyle through this challenge...congrats for helping us all. Keep up the fabulous work. God bless you...

Btw day 80 for me

TanglePie, TC10 and DerNeuMann like this.
  17. Adam Grundy

Adam Grundy Fapstronaut

Wow good job man

DerNeuMann likes this.
  18. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Hey, that's exciting!

19. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Today will be different because today you know much more than you did before. Today you will not place yourself in harm's way but do something different than what you've done before.