1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

trying to stay positive...

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by SpouseofPA, Dec 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

I use the word husbands but if your wife is the PA just change it to wife as you read.

I think our husbands are the loving men we have always thought they were. i am trying to be positive
    i do not always think this way
    and i will not lie and say that its an easy thing to try to think this way. but someone said that you have to choose to recover everyday and that is what i am trying now.
    I think our husbands are the loving men we have always thought they were. i do think they love us and adore us etc. I think they were operating at 40-60% before. The P was controlling the rest of them. I think after Dday they were operating at say 20-50% because the shame and guilt and P that still clouds their minds took over even more. I think once they start reboot and get further along in it, i think they begin to operate 80-100%. I do think they can do it. I do think they can operate at 80-100% and be all about us. Have us be their #1 and not their sloppy seconds or chasers.
    i know this sounds overly positive but id like to think of the addiction like that. its an easier concept.

I think prior to dday we were operating at 80-100%, giving our men love, attention, sex (or trying), giving them our all.
    After dday i think we shrunk to (or many shrunk to) 20-50%. The betrayal trauma, the hurt, the pain, the shame, confusion, etc etc took over the rest.
    I think once we start to recover and see out husbands improve and try harder and be more interested in us, i think then we can operate at 40-60%.
    I think its going to take the help of our husbands to reach 80-100%. I think we need to see them trying to help "us" (as in the relationship) in order to get to 80-100% normalcy.

As i said before i am trying to choose recovery and positive thoughts. and to me this is a positive thought about the screwed up life that has become reality with all of us. i tried to rationalize the addiction and to me this is a positive understanding of it :)
    thanks for reading thus far.
    any thoughts, comments?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. Just a quote comes to mind:

"Love is a mutual self-giving which ends in self-recovery" - Fulton J Sheen

SpouseofPA and Jennica like this.
  3. jfromcr

jfromcr Fapstronaut

I agree with your thinking. We are each other's best healer, when we are humble and able to engage without defensiveness. I also agree that it gets worse before it gets better. In our 7+ years we have found the highs can be very high and the lows can be very low.

Caveat: I don't think there is an obligation to stay just because it might get better. As one guy to the rest of the guys out here, you have to work at this. Hard work. If you could have a great relationship without effort, you would already have it.

4. Queen_Of_Hearts_13

Queen_Of_Hearts_13 Fapstronaut

This! Yes. I agree with your entire post, but seriously, the above really resonates with me. I was opperating at full capacity before Dday doing everything I could to make my husband happy. After Dday was awful and still I feel like I've been stuck at 40-60% for a while now and wonder if I'll ever achieve the 80-100%...

It's true that both partners need each other to heal though

Jennica, Kenzi and SpouseofPA like this.
  5. SpouseofPA

SpouseofPA Fapstronaut

i sure hope so. i think i am between 30-70% its a slow process. so days are good some are bad

Jennica likes this.
  6. JML524

JML524 Fapstronaut

@Lmark491 i like the way this is stated.

SpouseofPA likes this.