About the cold showers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Do it, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Do it

Do it Fapstronaut

I want to start cold showers,but I have some questions. So when i should take them ? After gym? After sleep? No more hot showers? When i shower should I wash my head with shampoo?

Sorry for those stupid question but i want to know..

2. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

I don’t take them. If I feel horny I just ice my sack over my clothes. It reduces the urges.

3. Andreid

Andreid Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I suggest you do those cold shower after you wake up in the morning. It reduces the urges and keeps your mind strong for the entire day. You can choose the water temperature to be 60% cold and 40% hot, this also helps.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  4. JWeath

JWeath Fapstronaut

I made the commitment to do COLD SHOWERS on JAN 1, so I'm only 2 days in. I read or watched somewhere regarding COLD SHOWERS that it is of great benefit to get your mind right before getting in the shower, and then once you step in, pretend or act like it doesn't affect you. Not one bit. So I did this yesterday. Spent about 1-2 minutes just breathing and getting my mind as calm as I could. Turned the water on and kept the intention that I would not react no matter how cold it was. And then I stepped in and did exactly what I'd set out to do. I didn't react. I just got in, let it be cold, and let the water wash over me. I didn't try and go lukewarm, I just set it to cold and let it be. Now don't get me wrong, it was FREEZING. But after about 20-30 seconds, it just didn't matter anymore. The body acclimates quickly. I took my shower the same way I always do, washing every part of my body and not cutting things short. I took my second COLD SHOWER the same day, after going for my run and doing my body weight exercises. This time, I also needed to shave my head, so the shower went on for quite some time. I didn't panic. Didn't flinch. Didn't even think about it.

I would suggest setting the conditions as real as possible, meaning don't go for lukewarm and don't try to cut things short. Understand that you're not going to die. You're not going to spontaneously implode. Get your mind right first, get in, and don't react to the cold. But be warned... the shrinkage is real.

5. 2018 pls

2018 pls Fapstronaut

Lmfao
    shrinkage confirmed.

On topic they do work and I started my reboot at the new year and have been cold showering about 3x per day due to bad triggers and sensitivities of images..

6. MarinoBigFan1984

Never taken one. I just squat to resist urges.

vinilzord2.0 and A41:14A like this.
  7. lantti

lantti Fapstronaut

When I did it... whenever I felt I was undisciplined useless brick with no will. Perfect way of proving that statement wrong.

8. JWeath

JWeath Fapstronaut

Today during my 2nd COLD SHOWER I decided to howl out my gratitude for my strength to endure it. I watched a video on PRIMAL SCREAMING and it didn't fully resonate with me. But during my COLD SHOWER, I just thought you know what, I'm so thankful for having the strength to do this, to commit to NOFAP and to my other commitments. And I thought, let's just howl out like a freakin' wolf in appreciation of these things. So I did. It felt so damn good. I'm sure my neighbors were like wtf?? But whatever, it felt good and that's what I care about. COLD SHOWERS are the shit.

9. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

My thoughts: I start off with lukewarm water and wash my hair. After that, I slightly incline towards the cold but not too cold as it is winter now. I've tried cold showers where i would directly start with chilling cold temp from the beginning itself but I find that to me personally, starting with lukewarm water and then progressing towards cold water helps. So. that's that.

Floweringlife and asbgca like this.
  10. Nah, we gotta go all in. Turn that sucker on the max cold setting, and pop in there. Don't do something crazy and swim in a frozen lake now, you'll get hypothermia, and resting in a hospital bed for weeks isn't manly.

Asgardian36 likes this.
  11. LCKDLE740

LCKDLE740 New Fapstronaut

I’ve taken cold showers for the last couple of months and this has been the first December I can remember where I haven’t had a cold. Maybe a coincidence, maybe not.

12. vinilzord2.0

vinilzord2.0 Fapstronaut

For starters 2-3 mins of cold is enough, then you can switch to a warm temp. Put in your feet first, then wrists, then the back of your head. It won't feel bad at all, you'll get used to it pretty quickly. Also it kills any boner you have, and strengthens your motivation to do hard stuff.

asbgca likes this.
  13. MarinoBigFan1984

Just ice your sack underwear on

14. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

So he swears by them and at them?

Floweringlife likes this.
  15. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

We live somewhere cold and he still takes one every day.

16. Zippal

Zippal Fapstronaut

If I take a cold shower I start with lukewarm do my shampooing/washing/cleaning, than go a little bit cold, start to breathe deeply and be open to water flow (no cringe, no shaking ) after minute or 2 I go fully cold, remain breathing and be "open".

There are more way how to do it:
    1) As above
    2) Full cold body part by body part
    3) Full cold and jump in

If I go to lake or outdoor bath there is no much option just go in, do not stop and again breathe deeply and be open to cold.

Only one last thing what I learn: "Ego must go" I mean if I dont feel good that day I will have normal shower, sometimes I am in for 30 sec sometimes 5minit is not a race.

asbgca likes this.
  17. Take them all the time also if temptations start to take over. Remember to accept the heavy breathing Its no big deal, its just that your body is experiencing a slight shoock.

JWeath likes this.
  18. I mean if I were to turn the temperature to max cold, it would probable be around 40-45F. Even in the summer when it's too hot I jump in turn the temp on max cold to cool down my limbs (arms and legs) before going to bed. After just 30 seconds I usually almost can't feel my limbs anymore.

19. Kenzi

Kenzi Fapstronaut

Ours is colder than that.
    I can understand why you want to cool down in the summer...
    But right now, we have issues with our pipes freezing it' sso cold. (on occasion)
    I was just trying to make light of it, but in reality.. It is really cold for him.
    Our max cold is cold.

Optimum Fortitude likes this.
  20. OK. I'm just trying to figure out what people call COLD when they talk about COLD showers. Because there's cold and there is also extremely cold / torture cold. lol.

Deleted Account likes this.