1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Nightmares

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Mar 2, 2018.

1. I'm woken up by bad nightmares almost every night now and it sucks. Anyone else get this? Can anyone help? Always tired too after about midday. I read bad dreams mess up sleep quality too even if they don't wake you up.

[​IMG]

2. Alexanderhatespmo

Alexanderhatespmo Fapstronaut

When ever I have nightmares I always pray and recite Bible verses and ask for Jesus to take them away. It worked for me, but you have to believe in Christ for it to work. Hope this helps.

Knighthawk and Deleted Account like this.
  3. GiantPanda

GiantPanda Fapstronaut

I noticed in myself if I use warmer sheets and or have my room at a higher temperature I get the worst nightmares, as if my brain would notice my body temperature being higher and therefore I must be in fight or flight state. So you may want to try and reduce the artificial heating if you can or switch to a thinner blanket.

4. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

You can maybe sleep next to a family member. Then you won't get scared for sure.

5. We also turned up the heat a little, few days ago and then both of us got bad dreams. Now we turned it down and I'm exited to see how I sleep tonight.

Jesus is also a great help for me when I'm having trouble at night... and in every other situation :)

6. Mkngitwrk

Mkngitwrk Fapstronaut

I try to think back to what i may have seen or heard that caused me to have a bad dream. I tend to analyze why and then i say a few prayers before falling back to sleep.

7. Mkngitwrk

Mkngitwrk Fapstronaut

Oh my goodness.....just talking about this has caused me to wake in sweats and freaked out.....So I opened my eyes wide and prayed that these nightmares will go away. Pray, pray, pray.

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Do you have a Himalayan salt lamp? Those are really helpful for me because I used to have night terrors. Every night around 3 am I would wake up having bad dreams. The salt lamp is very soothing and seems to help me a lot. Not sure if you are into meta or spirituality but it's widely believed salt is a deterrent to bad joojoo, including dreams.

9. Hmm. Some of my worst nightmares involve family members!

Awakeatlast likes this.
  10. Jackb97

Jackb97 Fapstronaut

I kinda like a good nightmare. Not all the theme though that must be exhausting.now and again though.