1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Internet addiction-ways to beat it?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Dr.Dopamine, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Tai Lopez** and Jim Rohn ☺

2. runfastmd

runfastmd Fapstronaut

Yeah the state of neuroscience today can't accurately answer that question. The way any mutual support group (online or otherwise) works is people share their experience and give each other feedback, etc. I can basically just tell you what works for me (coming to nofap- accountability and deleting fb), but everyone is different.

3. getdanked21

getdanked21 Fapstronaut

Cold Turkey Application on desktop

4. Born2Win

Born2Win Fapstronaut

You have to surround yourself with different things to do. Go on Jogs, sign up at the gym, go out to a mall with a book and read. Try leaving your phone in your car or at home when you go out. Obviously not if you’re going out for long periods of times but that’ll help in loosening the addiction you’ve developed because right now your brain is telling you that you NEED it. Which is wrong, you don’t. By making a switch in your daily habits your brain will slowly but surely begin to let go. Instead of getting on your phone right away when you wake up leave it charging, go downstairs watch down tv and continue doing difference activities. Learn to limit yourself.

5. Winner11

Winner11 Fapstronaut

Go out. If you get an invitation from a friend to a dinner, party..etc, just go unless you really have a valid reason not to (too late, toxic friends), try to go even if you think you won't like it. It will force you to keep socializing with people and strengthen those neurons in the brain and weaken the PMO ones.

6. I am trying this one and it is good! Any idea for the smartphone?