1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Please Hollywood, stop remaking/rebooting movies ALREADY!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

A movie reboot and a nofap reboot are two completely different things.

Taylor25 likes this.
  2. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

Am I the only who knows that there's gonna be a new Rambo remake?

3. Gotham Outlaw

I heard about it a while ago, but I was hoping all this silence about it meant that it was cancelled or put on hold.

4. NSD91

NSD91 Fapstronaut

Heard they were rebooting "The Grudge" today..C'mon Hollywood

5. yaaarp

yaaarp Fapstronaut

Remakes aren't a bad thing in themselves, its what they remake thats the problem. They pick the classic films hoping nostalgia will bring the crowds to the cinema, forgetting that its impossible to recreate the magic of the original. Nostalgia in real life simply means the remake is guaranteed to be hated.

Its certainly possible to remake films in a good way though. Hitchcock himself remade his own films - he made The Man Who Knew Too Much twice. Oceans Eleven for example, was a massive improvement on the original. As was The Thomas Crown Affair IMHO. There are soooo many films produced each year that fell short of being decent that could benefit from another go.

6. Gotham Outlaw

I agree the problem isn't remakes. The problem is shitty remakes. Hitchcock recreating his own works is what helped make them good. They need to be made by people who care about the movie not the profit.

7. heard they are remaking "dirty rotten scoundrels", its such a classic comedy, why the need to redo brilliance

8. Axel Clint

Axel Clint Fapstronaut

But some of the comic adaptations movies such as some Marvel movies, Watchmen, Batman (Christian Bale version) are good. Excluding movies like Fanatstic four, DC's Justice League.

9. NSD91

NSD91 Fapstronaut

Yeah next they'll be remaking 12 Angry Men. SMH

10. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Again.

jobbyj likes this.
  11. NSD91

NSD91 Fapstronaut

lol I just looked that up they did already remake it smh wow

LEPAGE likes this.
  12. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  13. ....and the Crow reboot is officially cancelled. :emoji_relaxed::emoji_relaxed::emoji_relaxed:

Castielle on suicide watch

14. Gotham Outlaw

Can you blame him?

LEPAGE likes this.
  15. Uh... wha?

16. I dont have a problem with remakes if they are done with class. People think that because its remake of a popular movie, they dont have to try sometimes. But, some remakes are really good, often better than the originals. The 2011 jane eyre was by far the best out of a bunch of versions. The count of monte cristo 2002 was a masterpiece. The departed was a remake of a chinese film and it was a great movie.

Has anyone heard they are remaking scarface....why?

Oh, and im pretty sure the rambo thing isnt happening, stallone is making another rambo movie involving the mexican drug cartel

17. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Now I'm waiting to see if they drag Simon & Simon and Murder She Wrote back from the dead so they can do crossover episodes.

Higgins being a woman will not work. There can be no sexual tension between Magnum and Higgins. She will have be a senior citizen or something. I await the episode where she plays her cowgirl cousin.

John Hillerman died last year, so at least he does not have to see this.

Nugget9 and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  18. I thought a remake of the remake is always a pointless thing to do. An Al Pacino version considered as one of the greatest crime movies ever made, as well as the 1932 original one. Again, whose nostalgic movie audiences want another Scarface remake for their pointless nostalgia?