1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to not give a fuck / be confident

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Amarion, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Amarion

Amarion Fapstronaut

Thanks to my reboot I have noticed that I'm too anxious / stressed about life in general and specifically about the future... I don't believe in myself, not enough... I'm also scared about what people think about me. The look of others is something I can't control and it's too overwhelming, I don't know why....

Do you guys have to cope with the same problem as me ? What's your opinion / tips / tricks ?

Thank you

SanctionedUser001 likes this.
  2. IDontDoThat

IDontDoThat New Fapstronaut

I have also had the problem of low self esteem and low self belief. I started using guided meditation and positive affirmation, at first it is slow but the longer you practice and the longer you can meditate the more confidant you will feel. I also have recently started to do things like daily planning, setting tasks and completing them, which is very satisfactory and has started to restore a lot of self belief. I hope you find a way of coping and I hope you give this suggestion a try.

FX-05 and Amarion like this.
  3. AlphaZ

AlphaZ Fapstronaut

The title of this thread is absolute goals.
    I relate to this post so much.
    See I've always had these thoughts and idea which would be so much fun maybe a little risky and people may judge and that's exactly what stops me from doing them. I think it's honestly through practice. Maybe smaller steps first and then I believe there may be a leap to a point where you just don't care anymore. I hope I reach that status in the near future. Speaking of which I'm going to do something I've never done before because I'm worried what people will think tomorrow. I challenge you to do the same
    If you come across that scenario just do it. Obviously with common sense but just go for it.

Embrace life while we can
    Every minute that passes in regret is a minute of life we have lost.

Bhara, Amarion and IDontDoThat like this.
  4. Make some goals and a plan to go with each goal, take action on it.

Do what your meant to do and dont do what you said you wouldnt.

Get some self esteem. Know 2 good things about yourself.

With other people looking and feeling judged, thats because you are your own worst critic, I can relate to what your saying. Your mindset should be "I dont know what they think, and I dont care". You gotta value your own opinion of yourself over anybody elses and remember that they dont know you, who are they to judge, they know nothing about you.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+not+care+what+people+think

I liked this one I should watch it again, I got notes on it somewhere

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  5. lif3

lif3 Fapstronaut

One proven way to reduce anxiety and fears is by voluntarily exposing yourself to the fear gradually.

If you have some social anxiety, troubles talking to people, go to a place far from your home (another town) where nobody knows you and nobody can affect you after you interact with them. Just go up to random people and start talking whatever comes up in your mind.

Do it again and again and you will start learning what to say and what not to say and when. You will learn a general pattern that resonates in all people of how they talk, small talk or long conversations. And if you think you fucked up or feared "I said something wrong", "they must think I'm a sore loser", just remember you are in a place where nobody knows you and you will never see these people again.

6. Have a clearly defined purpose/vision for your life that makes you satisfied & confidence will follow which will allow you not to give a damn. Lol that's just part of it. I'd also recommend just researching your specific problems and ways to get past them.