1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fistbumping

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jun 16, 2018.

1. So every body knows what fistbumping is, right? There's handshaking and then there's where you just bump fists. I fist bump all the time, it's honestly just a habit at this point. when I get drunk or buzzed this magnifies 10x.

Why are girls weird about fistbumping? I don't understand. Last week there was a chick at the bar and I was talking about something and then had to leave so I fistbump her and she had a kinda weird face so I asked her why she didn't like it and she said "i hate how much you love them lol".

Last night I fistbumped 2 girls when I was a little buzzed. Bc I was talking to them and they had a "I'm better than you" attitude. So I bailed and then I fistbumped them. Girls fistbump back but it seems to not be their thing.

Yesterday I was at work and this girl coworker needed help bringing this heavy object to the front of the store (really wasn't that heavy at all but she was struggling real hard for some reason, couldn't move it at all). So I asked her if she needed help and then carried it to the counter. I said goodnight bc I was leaving, and then fistbumped her. She laughed and then did it and say goodnight, but it wasn't a regular thing I can tell.

Isn't that just odd ? Like a handshake is too formal for me. A highfive is weird. Dabbing up is on occasion. That leaves the fistbump. Guys can do fistbumps all day everyday 365 24/7. But, ladies... yall gotta step up your game or something.

2. Probably cos it's boy's thing. Guys usually do handshakes or fistbumps when they meet other guys or when they say goodbye to other guys. Girls do hugs. Even handshake is kind of out of their comfort zone usually. But they can at least accept and understand it cos it's normal in our society and they are somewhat used to it. But fistbump is one level beyond that. It's really boy's thing. They are not used to it at all. Feminine girls are not anyways.

It's fine once in a while as a playful joke. I would not make it a habit. When I meet or say bye to girls I just hug them the same way they hug each other. Or maybe touch their shoulder, upper back or wrist as you say goodbye. Or I just say "bye" without any touching gesture. You are no obligated to shake anybody's hand all the time, it depends from situation ya know.

3. brofists are for bros not...

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. EthanW.

EthanW. Fapstronaut

...hoes.

Boom. Bump it. :emoji_fist:

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. :emoji_middle_finger:

Deleted Account and MLMVSS like this.
  6. Step up what game? Force ourselves to do that for your benefit just because you appearently find us "weird" when we don't? I hate any contact with people but fistbumping is something I'll never ever do, it's awkward and feels stupid.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2018
  7. Wow. Girls really don't like fist-bumping. I guess I'll go with a touch on the shoulder or a hug next time.

8. Everybody likes something different, I don't like contact period while others thrive on it, I wouldn't base that entire assumption off of me. But at the same time I don't know other women but I like personal space.

9. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

Never understood it myself. Personally, I think a handshake is the only acceptable form of physical contact one should have with another man, unless you are saving his life or beating the snot out of him.

I hate it when dudes try to get me to fist bump, or high five for that matter. Pats on the back are the worst (the literal kind).

10. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Fistbump is for bros! Sort yourself out.

11. I absolutey hate pats on the back. lol

12. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

They are the worst. Someone comes at you from behind, and touches you, without warning. They set off every single self defense trigger in my body. It is a good way to get a punch in the face.

13. Hah, too right mate. Try being sick and having a twat of a co-worker slap you hard on the back, I'm not an angry or hostile person but bloody hell that was not a good time.

Most people don't seem to understand or respect others comfort zones and personal space, I do all the time but nobody else unfortunately does the same for me.

14. Fijian women will probably be down with it... Some like to do a click handshake.

Let's not generalise here, some women love sports and some women hate it.

I actually like that especially when I've had a hard day at work - it gives me encouragement. It's best to say something if you don't like because I would think it was meant to encourage not annoy. Although with the #MeToo movement people might be less inclined to make physical contact with a woman.

15. Well good for you I personally hate it, and don't worry they knew not to do it again. Most people have problems keeping their hands to themselves and get all touchy feely..

16. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

I usually go for the bro shake when it comes to someone my age.

bro shake.jpg

A regular hand shake to people I don't know.

Last but not least as someone who is recovering from PMO, I'm not a fan of hugs from the opposite sex.

17. Reverent

Reverent Fapstronaut

According to the Emoji movie, high fives are so 2000late. Fist bumps are soon to follow.

I look at it as a kind of immature behavior.

Why can't people just keep thier dang hands to themselves?!

18. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

Can’t blame people not wanting to touch our PMO-infused hands.

19. Not these hands brah

20. [​IMG]

Official Nofap greeting™