1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wasting my life: PMO+Video Game+WFH

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bomomobm, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Bomomobm

Bomomobm New Fapstronaut

Hi all

Just venting.

I am addicted, and I am managing to throw my life away.

I am 34, have a good job in multinational corp which pays me decent money, a girlfriend that lives with me, a nice house (rented), a nice company car.

I have been into PMO and video games since around 12 years old. Ups and downs, managed to get where I am.

However, now I have a job position that allows me to WFH often, and pretty much everyday I do it is a disaster - essentially I spend the whole day on my mobile, PMO and gaming. I actively avoid any calls, and manage to do just enough for my manager not notice something is not right.

I think my new job position has been pretty hard, and I am running away from it with my addictions.

I am too embarrassed to speak to anyone, and just wanted to vent it a bit.

I know that the first thing is to avoid WFH, but it is very sad that I cannot let myself alone, that all goes down the sink...

My girl, which is an awesome girlfriend, knows absolutely nothing about it, and I although I love her dearly, I cannot share this with her. When she leaves in the morning, I jump in the bed, just leaving for toilet and food during the whole day.

It has been a struggle. I have also in injured my back due to poor seating position during gaming sessions, and also lost part of my fingers sensitivity, due to damage on nerves on my elbows - too long holding the mobile while playing.

At the moment, I am just thinking my excuse for missed calls from work today.

If you have been through something like this, please share something with me.

Thanks

A41:14A likes this.
  2. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

you are in a very good position right now............many guys out there want to have this kind of life
    good job, gf, car
    dont waste this on addiction .........or else you will regret it later
    try reading rebooting materials

3. A41:14A

A41:14A Fapstronaut

Welcome to NF bud.. You've taken the first step in recognising your addictions..

I've come from a similar place from where you have (with the work home mix)..

For me it was also procrastination and putting things off to the last moment.. (but never putting off pmo..)

Do you have a dedicated office or space where you can work from, that is not in your lounge or bedroom?

Good luck on your NF journey mate!

4. Fishkeeper

Fishkeeper Fapstronaut

Hey there, thanks for sharing your situation. I hope you'll be coming around the next days to see the answers and post some more, I think it is the first step to change.

I also am a gamer and I know the sensations: you miss it when you can't play, it's all exciting when you start or when you reach a new achievement, but most of all it become boring as hell after a while, and you play just for inertia. Please confirm if you feel the same.

I would suggest starting your journey by deleting the games from your mobile, seriously nobody will really miss you, from my experiences gaming relations/friendships are really volatile.

From your description i think that your job is good but you are not finding the motivation to do it right. Maybe you could ask for some days of leave together with your girlfriend and go somewhere nice. That could help by breaking the routine of hiding, lying, gaming and pmo, and give you some time to enjoy life from a different perspective and establish the goals you want to reach. Start with the easy stuff, like for example answering all work calls, and doing a bit more than the minimum.

Be aware that your boss probably know or suspect more than what you think, and when he/she gets the last confirmation that you are slacking off there will be no possible excuses, his/her mind will be already set.

5. Coming from someone who has no idea what WFH means I am going to guess that it means Women For Hereford...

DUDE HEREFORD IS A NASTY FUCKING PLACE LIKE I WAS BORN THERE AND LOOK HOW I TURNED OUT GODDAMN

xoxo

6. Fishkeeper

Fishkeeper Fapstronaut

lol... I think he mean work from home, but yeah, all this acronyms are a serious problem...

7. Okay yeah. Masturbation is not good

xoxo