1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Apps that lock other apps for certain time periods

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by solium, Jul 21, 2018.

1. solium

solium New Fapstronaut

Hey all, just wanted to share something that's helped me as I reset.

I found an app that locks other apps of your choice for certain times of day. I don't want this to sound like a promotion so I won't share the specific app, but there's plenty out there that do similar things. I reviewed my past behavior and noticed I often broke a streak while in bed late at night browsing the internet and stumbling across something, then going down a slippery slope searching heavier stuff.
    I used the app to automatically lock the browser apps from 11:30pm to 8am. There is nothing critically important I need the internet for during that time and removing the possibility entirely helps me avoid triggers. A side benefit is that it helps me sleep on time which I also struggled with.
    Another app that I find helpful prevents me from opening incognito tabs. It's a small thing but again helps block a slippery slope I'm used to following.
    In case that's useful to someone out there!

2. SheWolf

SheWolf New Fapstronaut

This would be helpful for me. Can you share the app names?

3. solium

solium New Fapstronaut

Incoquito and Stay Focused (Android)

4. Pixelar

Pixelar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I'm using Stay Focused it pretty reliable for blocking app.

5. SheWolf

SheWolf New Fapstronaut