1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Drag Queen Family Time

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Contentful T, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Best suited for ages 4 to 8. Such reads an ad for an event coming up at a local library. Would you bring your kids? If you don't have kids in this age range, if you had kids this age do you think you would bring them? Why or why not? Would more details be needed? (The ad had no more details, except for a picture of a rainbow styled drag queen.)

Actually this is what it says:
    Best suited for ages 4 – 8, but children of all ages are welcome to attend.
    Free program.

Ye or nay?

2. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I mean the event is literally titled Drag Queen Family Time. There was a phone number.

3. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

4. eadgbe

eadgbe Fapstronaut

What kind of education/entertainment could a drag queen possible offer children? This is just an attempt in indoctrinating children. I'm no right-wing nut but seriously, the left can be as sick as (if not worse than) the right sometimes.

5. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Ya I agree. I was kind of shocked. It was on the library's homepage. The public library system of a metropolis.

6. eadgbe

eadgbe Fapstronaut

Forced tolerance is the post-modern fascism.

7. My answer would be a resounding FUCK NO since a drag show is an event for adults NOT children.

8. More details needed. Could just be a fairly typical thing but just happens to be presented by a guy dressed as a woman.

Worse things can happen to kids.

If it is some propaganda thing I'd probably skip it. Propaganda in general is a bit tiresome.

As you may have guessed I don't have kids.

kropo82 and Contentful T like this.
  9. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Ya like they are usually spectacles of 21+ establishments, ID required.

10. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

WTF is this?

Dudes there might be a drag queen ring infiltrating libraries for kids' story hours.

11. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

12. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I am not anti-transgender nor is the petition above related to the library I started this thread about.

I think this is deeper than one event at my local libary.

Anyways awareness has been raised I guess?

13. That's an opinion. Maybe it could have been expressed more clearly, but no one's putting a gun to my head to be 100 per cent crystal clear.

Your original post made it seem like you were open to different opinions.

This might help - I'm not from the USA, so I'm used to seeing things like male comedians pretending to be women. Just for comic effect or for the hell of it.

I try to just think for myself instead of going all right-wing or all left-wing or whatever the hell is going on these days.

Deleted Account likes this.
  14. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I can't like this post enough.

@Contentful T I wouldn't bring my kids there. The only way I would want to see a man in drag was if it was a comedian and it actually served a comedic purpose.

15. The same kind of education or entertainment any other person could offer? Drag queens are just people, not some kind of weird, uneducated alien creature or something.

kropo82 and Deleted Account like this.
  16. How is it forced? A library invited a drag queen to do an event... nobody is forcing people to bring their kids to it if they dont want to.

I dont see how any of this is worth making such a fuss over. People are reading books to children... isnt that a good thing? Does it really matter if the person reading them happens to be a man who dresses like a woman? I mean. If that matters to you that's fine, you dont have to take your kids there. But why try to take away other peoples right to do something just because you dont want to do it? This honestly seems just as dumb to be as when liberals try to get things banned that they dont like, and usually conservatives are pretty quick to tell them that we have freedom and they're free to not participate if they dont like something but they dont have to get the whole things shut down so nobody else can enjoy it.

17. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

Nay. Depending on my kid's humor it might be a good joke event. But than again there are thousands of possibilities to spend time with your loved ones.
    Playing soccer.
    Renting a boat.
    Volunteering.
    Going to the cinema.
    Going to a concert.
    Going to a museum.
    Art shows, courses, amusement parks, exhibitions... you name it.

18. eadgbe

eadgbe Fapstronaut

*insert literally anything here* are just people, not some kind of weird, uneducated alien creature or something.

There are a lot of people who are just people and not weird uneducated alien creatures, yet there is a reason why we don't hire janitors as doctors, clowns as firefighters o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶c̶i̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶l̶i̶t̶i̶c̶i̶a̶n̶s̶ .

It's not everyone's place to do anyone's job, just because they think they can.

19. Nah, of course not. As all the racists have no prejudices at all and all the pussy grabbers just like beer... Children are generally open for new experiences, so if a colourful drag queen reads something to them with their parents attending, what is your problem about it? Where is there any "indoctrination", "forced tolerance" or even "a conspirarcy of secret drag circles"? Not talking about your linked "STOP Transgender" petition at all. But sure, you just stumbled over it by chance and were surprised... at least be honest about your motives.

Deleted Account likes this.