1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Drag Queen Family Time

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Contentful T, Oct 2, 2018.

1. eadgbe

eadgbe Fapstronaut

I'm personally not against drag queens but you have to understand that drag queens are a type of adult entertainment. It's literally the same as having a stripper in full stripper gear having a book reading for kids. Now, like I said, I don't have anything against drag queens but, let's face it -- kids are easily impressionable and I just wouldn't want my kid to grow up aspiring to be a drag queen.

2. "I´m personally not against...blablabla"
    Of course you are against it, you are just fearing being called out for what you are. Drag queens are performing a life style, an art, a way of expressing themselve on stage or in public. It is neither adult entertainment, nor on the same level as a stripper in a full stripper gear animating men. Most kids love customes, dressing up, playing with identities, etc and they don´t view a drag queen in any sexual way, like many adults do. If you don´t would wanted your kid attending, fine, nobody forces you anyway. But I state, 60 years earlier you probably would have brought up similar reasons, if a black person would have done this. The mechanism is quite identical.

3. eadgbe

eadgbe Fapstronaut

This is exactly what I meant by my rant about tolerance earlier in the thread. The left/liberals/whatever they are have this "you're either 100% with me or you're a bigot" mentality which is reminiscent of totalitarian regimes. They just see themselves as morally and ideologically infallible to a point that any slight deviation from their school of thought is just unacceptable, and something that must me called out instantly.

4. No, it´s not the same. I don´t force you to attend anything at all. I´m sorry for your kid growing up with a prick of a father, but that´s not in my power to influence. But I don´t accept that chalk eaten style, masquerading as "I have no problem at all with...", while it´s obviously the case. This is nothing in a public school, where pupils are forced to attend or anything. But you feel threatened already alone that it is happening at all. So, let´s hope your kids won´t ever turn out to have the "wrong sexuality."

And talking about "totalitarian regimes", I know and value indeed the importance of pluralism and tolerance in any democracy, so you can have you opinion of course, but I am also aware how the (religious) zealots work to ignore the rights of minorities, to ban Harry Potter books or to indoctrinate children with fear and intolerance, so maybe have a look at yourself first.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2018
  5. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

I liked the Q&A in this article:

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Yeah, no duh. We arent hiring drag queens as doctors either without qualifications. They are reading books to kids. Literally the only requirement is that they have to know how to read. You're blowing this way out of proportion to being up doctors and firefighters. That has absolutely nothing to do with someone volunteering to read a book to some kids.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. How are drag queens "adult entertainment"? I mean, they certainly CAN be, if they're doing comedy or something and their set happens to be raunchy and not suitable for kids. But they arent inherently inappropriate for kids. To compare a man in makeup in a dress with a woman wearing lingerie is just completely not accurate at all. If strippers were reading books to kids while wearing freaking tassles on their nipples, then sure, I would be upset about that. That's not at all the same as a drag queen.

I think you're sexualizing drag queens too much or something if you think they are equivalent to strippers. There are plenty of drag queens who dress like women all the time, and they arent going to be kicked out of a store for it or something. And a lot of them dont even do it for "entertainment" at all, adult or otherwise. Its just how they like to dress. Theres a reason strippers dont go around dressed like they do at work all the time. Because it's not the same thing at all.

Deleted Account and kropo82 like this.