1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Back pain

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Hi!
    I'm 16 years old and i'm dealing with back pain. The pain has lasted for maybe 2 weeks, and it's starting to drive me crazy. It's gotten worse lately, and I've tried all sorts of things, from running, to lying down, to standing more often, to using massage balls, and nothing is working. I tried looking it up, but all I could get was results to cancer, which I don't think I have, and other diseases. I'm not a doctor, nor have I seen one, but I'm pretty sure I don't have any diseases. I think the pain is being caused by overuse, as I don't exercise, mainly because I have no time to, and I sit around in school all day; also I've been very busy lately, so that doesn't help. It's really starting to affect my life, as I can't do work that requires sitting (which is all work) without having to take a break. also I need to fill out a permit by August 10th, I have 15 hours in so far, because I only have time to drive on the weekends, it's been almost 3 months now, and I had to skip this weekend because of the pain. Does anyone know what's going on, should I not worry so much about my permit, and do you have any solutions to my back problem?

2. Meditation Monk

Meditation Monk Fapstronaut

I think you may be going through stress because you are in high school. And everyone goes through stress when they are in some time of university or school, even high school. I suggest you take a hot shower or a bath and buy a heating pad for your back to put it at home when you sit down and watch tv or do chores. Cheers.

3. Maybe, but I take hot showers all the time, maybe too much, should it try for a bath instead?

Meditation Monk likes this.
  4. Meditation Monk

try both. and try buying if you can afford, which I can't, buy oils from stores and apply them on your back or do some stretching exercises for the back.

5. Took a bath and no pain, but I don't know for how long

6. Meditation Monk

keep doing it, i do fun things through simple ways, very simple ways, we are going strict right now. And I am kinda getting sick and tired of eating out at restaurants all the time and going to movies where I can get my facts from the internet. Good luck bud.

7. Not a bad idea to have a doctor check you out, maybe take an x-ray to rule out anything with the spine. If you get the green light to exercise then you can try doing a combination of stretching & strengthening exercises - just do a search online and experiment with different ones to see what helps, or maybe consult with a physical therapist. I'm older than you and I've been getting alot of back pain over the past few years and my routine has helped me. Only took me like 20-30 mins. a day over the course of a couple months to see some results.

8. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Go on youtube and search for athlean-x on this issue. Also, try to do some stretching for your lower back

adish5678 likes this.
  9. Lol, I don't agree, I think it's stress, but it won't hurt to stop

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. Nobody has the time or money for that. Next time I go to the doctors, whenever that will be, I'll bring it up, because I think this happened last year.

11. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

Probably scoliosis, you should sleep on ground on the back and also strengthen your back muscles.

CanadianDream likes this.
  12. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Describe the back pain.

1. Is it in the cervical (C-7; the topmost region by the neck), thoracic (T-12; the long back region), lumbar (L-5; bottom spine region) or sacral (absolute bottom- by the butt) region?

2. Which of the following is the pain exacerbated by?
    (I) Mere contact on the region
    (II) Pressure on or around the region
    (III) Motion of the region
    (IV) Masturbation (don't try it out "just to check" lmao)
    You can pick more than 1 option as long as they apply.

3. Literally describe the pain. Talk about it to me the way you would to a professional asking you about it. Write a paragraph just explaining it. Please mention:
    (I) how severe the pain is out of 10.
    (II) how is the pain exactly? is it a sharp, stinging pain; a dull, aching pain; a pain like you've never experienced before; a lump-localised pain; etc.
    (III) is it a gradually occuring event or constant?
    (IV) how recent is its development?
    (V) how does it affect your life? Which activities (or literally- actions) have been limited, restricted, or generally hampered by this development?

4. Do low-intensity painkillers and anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen, paracetamol and combiflam help in alleviating the pain?
    (You can try this out. You're 16 so take 1 tablet of medication whenever you choose to.)
    But take them one medication per day and make sure to check in advance if you are allergic to the active ingredient(s).
    *If it helps; combiflam is a metered combination of paracetamol and ibuprofen.
    *please confirm with your parents if these medications are new to you before ingesting them.

5. How does the pain respond to:
    (I) cold
    (II) warmth
    (III) gradual pressure
    (IV) sudden pressure

6. Is there any concurrent development such as:
    (I) rashes
    (II) inflammation
    (III) colouration of the skin

Long list so understand it took me even longer to type it XD
    Answer to the best of your capacity and it'll be worth it.

13. Wow, you sound like quite the expert :)

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  14. CanadianDream

CanadianDream Fapstronaut

Coming from someone with scoliosis and had spinal fusion surgery, do N O T sleep on the ground. Go to the doc ASAP, get some x-rays and see if you need surgery, or a back brace or some kind of treatment.

meatsandwich likes this.
  15. CTRL + DEL

CTRL + DEL Fapstronaut

Med student ^^

(And future Hugo Strange mwa hahahahahahaha)

16. Noooooo!! ;)

CTRL + DEL likes this.
  17. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

I have too, but I had insane pain and I fixed the pain by intensive training and going beyond the pain and then pain was gone and I got muscular back now.
    I also did x-ray and went to doctors, so I know that I have it xD

I think it might depend on how serious scoliosis is though.

18. I'm not good with reading things described to me, or describing things to other people, mainly due to my high functioning autism, but I'll give it a shot:

1. I'm feeling pain in my lower back, the lumbar.

2. Mere contact doesn't hurt much, it's mostly motion of the region.

3. The severity of the pain is off and on, sometimes it's high, like a 7,and other times it's low, like a 4 or a 5. Last week it was really bad, 8-9, but it's not as bad now, still pretty bad. The pain is an aching pain, and it doesn't go away, what happens is the severity goes up and down depending on what I do. This pain happened last year, but I can't remember for how long, it happened again 2-3 weeks ago, and hasn't stopped. With the pain, it can be hard to sit, depending on which chair i sit in. Most chairs hurt, but not all. Ex. Yesterday I reclined on my great grandmas recliner, and it was amazing, however, I have an office chair in my room, and it's so bad, that after sitting in it for 5 minutes, my severity goes from a 3 to a 7 quickly, and I either have to take meds so that I can sit in it, or lie in bed for a minute. The school chairs are bad too, but after a while I get used to them.

4. Ibuprofen does good most of the time, but for instance last weekend, it had barely any affects, and I took 2 pills. It's been doing good recently though.

5. I'll have to make a separate post for 5, as I have no answer for any of number 5's questions.

6. No concurrent development.