1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold showers in the winter?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Here in canada the water gets very cold in the winter and im asking how long should i take a cold shower for in the wniter?

Contentful T likes this.
  2. CH3RRY

CH3RRY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

How about instead you go outside in the cold and then come back to maybe a warm/hot shower? Just for winter. Here in my country we go and stay in a hot sauna for some time, and then go outside for a bit, roll in the snow and then run back to the sauna. You could do the same thing but with warm water.

MJ93 and Contentful T like this.
  3. Sovereign Elder

Sovereign Elder Fapstronaut

You should w alkways showers for 5 mines every day.

Deleted Account and Contentful T like this.
  4. Clean Willy

Clean Willy Fapstronaut

WOWSERS! :eek:

Contentful T likes this.
  5. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Until you are clean? I found myself needing to take a hot shower recently due to taking it late and not being able to bring myself to step under ice. However I finished the shower cold. Also a hot bath. Finished standing under an ice water shower for like a minute or two.

Standing under ice for 5 minutes is brutal. Try it and see how many days in a row you can do that. I am going to start another cold shower challenge as I was adding some hot showers and baths into the mix here recently. Join me in the events section if you like.

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Thank you :)

7. risk_taker

risk_taker Fapstronaut

I've been doing cold showers throughout the winter for a while. I say you should do it until you are clean and then some. I find that I do it because I realize that my skin doesn't suffer as much from the wind and the actual cold from outside. When I used to take really hot showers, it would dry out my skin and then I would expose my skin to cold which hurt it even more. Now I found that it breathes and so does my hair. I usually take around 5-10 minutes.