1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ex-satanic worshiper on NoFap

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Frühlingstimme, Nov 19, 2016.

1. elixirrabbit

elixirrabbit New Fapstronaut

In the old testament the devil was sent by God to test the faith of God's followers. The Catholic Church even has a "devil's advocate" to be their skeptic when people claim miracles and apparitions. So in a sense the devil keeps the faithful in check.

2. Lol you wild for this one bro

3. Some would argue the sun is killing us slowly

4. I never got Satanism. If hell exists, let alone a devil character named Satan, then why would you want to go there. Keeping this in mind, I don't believe in either.

Buddhism/Hinduism (I know they re different) are the only religions that remotely make sense to me since people take religions so literal nowadays. But fuck a religious institution in general, I was born a Catholic btw. I think religions in general are fine but hypocritical and a huge divisional aspect between people. Fuck that noise.

5. Fuck anything that creates a division between people. Politics and religions are prime examples, they create so much hate and division. Plus everybody is so ignorant and on one side, honestly fuck all that

6. Maybe it's not necessarily religion itself that causes the division but people's interpretation of it that causes division. As far I see, Hinduism, Buddhism and most eastern philosophies tend to not cause friction among people... The Abrahamic faiths on the other hand can cause division among people heck even Jesus said He came not to bring peace but a sword (I don't mean that literally btw) and He also said that who isn't with Him is against Him and also the Bible constantly talks about the world (meaning non Christians) and the Kingdom of God being at enmity with one another so it can promote division but the Bible does also say that God wants the best for everyone and that He wants all of humanity reconciled unto Himself and Christians are also commanded to bring light to the earth etc, Judaism also talks about the Jews being set apart as God's chosen people from the rest of the world but again the Bible does say that God is not the author of confusion and IDK about Islam... Muslims say it's a religion of peace but it seems to be anything but peaceful, so it depends on how you interpret it I guess. You can find passages to support both peace and conflict.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2018
  7. It can. Hinduism has the Caste System and we see Buddhist persecuting the Rohingyas People in Myanmar. I studied Buddhism brief on my uni course and it's not all good. The Dalai Lama gives Buddhism a positive spin but if you look into the history it was a religion that sent out missionaries to convert people.

Upon further study, I don't think it means non-Christians, I think what it means by the world is the evilness of the attitude of empire. The trouble is we in the west are the empire so we need to make it about something else.

Like it says in the Psalms, 'Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God'. The trouble is we're the ones with the chariots and horses.

8. Well, this guy describes himself as a Laveyan Satanist which means he doesn’t worship a literal Satan, he just admires the character of Satan from the Bible. Theistic Satanists on the other hand actually believe Satan exists and they worship him. Of course as an atheist with humanist views I see both types of Satanism as simply ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
    Deleted Account likes this.