1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

NoFap and Nudism/Nudist/Etc.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Kyle Barker, Oct 30, 2015.

1. I am not sure if there is already a thread out there on this, but if so, point me to it!

Anyways,

I don't wear clothes when I'm home. Or in the locker room for that matter. I especially don't wear them when I'm sleeping. I don't have issues doing things naked (I'm weird, I know haha) It just feels good to be naked. It's also helping me learn to love my body, as I am not always the most fond of it and am very critical of myself.

I post this to ask: is there anyone else out there that's trying no PMO with a nudist mindset? I don't think it would be a trigger for me, but I could see it being one and I honestly don't want to put clothes on always haha if it comes to that, in order to change, I will. But, I thought I would ask haha

elixirrabbit likes this.
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

I know what you mean about needing help to love your body, as you were not always the most fond of it. Me, too! :oops: I am very critical of myself. I do not wear clothes when I am home either, especially not in bed. I agree, it feels good to be naked and I have become more accepting of my body. So yes, Kyle, I am here as a nudist NoFapist. :p To be clear, I do not consider there to be any correlation between taking on this challenge as a nudist (at home). Is there anyone else? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2015
  3. I'm just looking it from my penis is there, I may get hard, may want to masturbate from the possible triggers. That's all lol

4. IGY

IGY Guest

I don't find it works like that. I don't think the outcome depends on whether you have a couple of layers of clothes on or nothing at all. In some ways, nakedness is an advantage because there is nothing for the penis to be constricted by and press against. So, in bed I like the fact that my penis can just do it's own thing without feeling the pressure of tenting my underpants. :rolleyes:

elixirrabbit and Dizzy Lotus like this.
  5. Clean Willy

Clean Willy Fapstronaut

Yeah, I agree. NudeNoFap is the way to go! :p

Deleted Account and elixirrabbit like this.
  6. elixirrabbit

elixirrabbit New Fapstronaut

In college I was an avid nudist; clothes came off as soon as I got home and I even participated in social nudism. I'd have tabeltop game nights with a group of other like-minded men and went to occasionally to nude campgrounds for skinny dipping and hiking.
    Nudism/naturism taught me to accept my body and understand that nakedness was natural and not sexual by default. Social nudism helps build confidence and respect for other people's bodies and differences. You become aware that other humans are not just sex objects. I found that other participants that were normally shy broke out of their shells and I'd even say conversation and social interaction in general was more open and genuine. You have nothing to hide and you are nothing other than yourself. It's honestly a very relieving and comforting mindset.
    The only issue I came across was with social events where others had ulterior motives and saw nudity as an invitation to act on sexual impulses. Sexuality exists with or without clothing so our behavior in either state should reflect that same self control that we think clothing creates. Now being introduced to NoFap I see that a lot of this is probably due to our social conditioning of an oversexualized culture... An interesting contradiction where nudity is taboo yet our media is laced with sexuality.
    Currently, I don't practice social nudism, but in my home I sleep, meditate and workout naked. I believe that if you view nudity as natural, comfortable and a way to boost self confidence and heal negative body image then it is benign. If you cannot separate sex and orgasm from nudity then this can be a very challenging practice and will counteract with healthy sexuality.

FormerFapaholic and Jerry4NF like this.
  7. I have found that public nudity doesn't lead to sexual arousal. Imagining being at a nude beach is far more exciting than actually being at a nude beach.

elixirrabbit likes this.
  8. be nude at home, but social nudity is weird. They are called private parts for a reason

Dizzy Lotus and Deleted Account like this.
  9. In my limited experience, there is nothing weird and nothing erotic about it at a normal nude beach. It is just a different dress code, and it quickly becomes normal. It is not like you imagine it. People are just enjoying a normal day at the beach.

10. I like to be fully clothed at all times. I prefer to wear shoes to bed, so if there is an emergency, I just have to get to my guns, and can be out the door in seconds. I'd also hate to face an intruder nude.

On the other hand I don't mind being nude in locker rooms, or when I took communal showers in the Navy.

11. Clean Willy

Clean Willy Fapstronaut

Show off! Haha :p