1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

hair loss

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by xtremity, Dec 19, 2018.

1. xtremity

xtremity Fapstronaut

Hi guys,

I am concerned about my own hair loss (on my head). Does anyone have a theory about it? I am at the age of 30. It is too early for my hair to thin out. As far as I know, there are a couple of factors: diet, stress, overworking, change of environment, etc. Anything else?

One thing I want more clarification about is the relationship between problematic masturbation behavior and hair loss. I recall that the myth about such a positive relationship is overwhelming. Suppose it is true, will it get better if the problematic masturbation is tamed?

Are general tips for hair care would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

X

2. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

One of many unfortunate consequences of fapping.

u376 likes this.
  3. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

It literally wastes you away as you shoot out spunk after spunk.

4. How often do you wash your hair?

5. Jsthetic

Jsthetic Fapstronaut

I did 20 days twice and grew hair like never before. It came out straight instead of curly and bald spots went away.
    All it takes is 40 days clean.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  6. This is the 489th thread on this topic

Yep u do and Deleted Account like this.
  7. Yeah the internet is full of this, and 30 is definitely not too young for hairloss. I thinned out before 20, bald at 23. Was it all because I fapped? No. It's genetics and it's a problem only to men, that should explain the relevance of genetics. Take it like a man, the moment you stop caring too much about your looks, the more confident you will appear and be.

8. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

^ Fapping does not help it though and it does exacerbate the problem. I think DHT is the culprit for baldness and fapping increases it according to the science I've read. It's kind of a no-brainer we all know that fapping makes you hornier [ not immediately after, but later on] compared to abstinence. Now some of this may be psychological, but apparently, some of it is chemical in the form of testosterone converting to DHT.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  9. Gotta give you that. But to what extent? Some guys here create illusions that you'll grow a full head of hair if you stop fapping. Instead of giving wrong hope, I try to keep it straight with the guys.

Point is:

- of course, don't fap, you're here, there's a reason for that.
    - will that solve all of your problems? clearly no, you'll not start to look like brad pitt and if it's in your genetic code to get bald at 30, that's gonna happen.
    - Deal with it accordingly. Instead of worrying about your hair, tackle some more important issues. Looks are superficial.

10. I fapped all the time and always had a head of very thick hair. Sucks to be y'all.

11. can't follow you there...

12. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Fapstronaut

I suffer from hair loss when my stress levels go through the roof. I'm now 29 and have a visibly receding hairline and have little hair left on the top of my head.

When I was a teenager, people always used to praise my thick thatch. It looked and felt really strong, and I couldn't have imagined losing it in such rapid fashion.

It was a month before my 18th birthday when my Mom suffered a serious accident, and the resulting stress caused me to lose a lot of my hair. I also started using masturbation as a coping mechanism at this time, and I spent the last few months of high school using a comb-over to try to disguise the lack of hair on certain parts of my head. I laugh at the photos now, but back then I was understandably very self-conscious over this.

I don't know if masturbation is the cause of my hair loss, or if the extra stress that is added on by it is doing this. It probably also has something to do with my poor lifestyle choices. Whatever the case, I'm interested to know if my newfound abstinence can grow back some of the hair, as some of you keep harping on about.

13. TheLost

TheLost New Fapstronaut

This is life... When I was on vacation in my apartment in Alicante that I rented I started to loose my hair in big quantities. So I went to a local doctor. He told me that for the age of 30 it is absolutely normal. Then he asked me to do a blood test just to see that hormones are ok and to understand what is the problem. And in my case it was simple - lack of sun! So I was prescribed to take liquide vitamin D and to be more under the sun. Who would think that the solution was so simple.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  14. sorry it was meant to be a joke but i quoted bad post xd it was abut not caring about your looks ;P

15. Something I never understood. I can see hair growing thicker or thinner due to vitamin levels, but hair loss is due to too much testosterone. Raising your testosterone will actually make you lose hair. Perhaps the hair growth is more from a vitamin deficency then anything else.

16. But in my life I always thought of baldness as a sign of virility, I don't know why people don't embrace it.

17. Sadly, you are very wrong about that. I’m almost 30 and I first noticed my hair thinning when I was about 23. Baldness in men seems to be mostly a result of genetics and hormones such as DHT. At first I was utterly devastated and I searched out treatments for it but after reading about the side effects I realized I’d rather just lose my hair than go through that. Now I’ve more or less accepted that I’m going to continue losing more and more hair over time so I just keep getting my hair cut shorter and shorter. In fact I’ll probably start getting a buzz cut soon.

18. TheBarbarian

TheBarbarian Fapstronaut

Hair loss is actually a “symptom” of high testosterone.

19. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

Sometimes its just genetics, but other times, its because of jacking off. There was a guy on here who took pics before and after and the after pics on being on a long streak showed significant hair regrowth back in previous bald spots. Its the benefits of semen retention for sure.

u376 likes this.
  20. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Apply onion juice continuously for 4-5 weeks
    I still can't guarantee......but there have been many improvements
    And cut out M asap