What are your insecurities?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Arbiter, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Arbiter

Arbiter Fapstronaut

This is a post dedicated to sharing insecurities if you have any.
    I think it will be a good way to possibly cope with problems.

Here are mine:
    - My eyesight is really bad, like, I can only see a few inches without my glasses
    - Im kind of short (5'5)
    - I had only one girlfriend, we were together for a year and a half and she kind of dumped me because I was an asshole sadly.
    - Ever since my break up with her I get too emotionally connected to girls I meet and I always get hurt after they show no signs of liking me back.
    - Many times I feel very lonely, and having unexplained sadness attacks, despite having many friends (both guys and girls)

Share your thoughts.

ghengis_naan likes this.
  2. Dre4mer

Dre4mer Fapstronaut

All our insercurity simply coming from thinking I AM NOT ENOUGH.Watch this video and you’ll find your answers.
    Mine are my chest,as it has an small hallow hole,which I’m working to solve by excercise.Hope the video helps.Goodluck

3. Dre4mer

Dre4mer Fapstronaut

solution:SAY I AM ENOUGH EVERYTIME YOU FEEL INSECURE.AND IF YOU WANT TO BE YOUR ADDICTION DEAL WITH THE ROOT PROMBLEM THATS CAUSING YOU PAIN.AND ALSO CHANGE YOUR BELIEFS ABOUT RECOVERY.

Deleted Account and Hros like this.
  4. Arbiter

Arbiter Fapstronaut

You are right, but still the things I mentioned above dont really bother me each and every day, its mainly when I get these depression attacks about loneliness and wanting some kind of attention that I dont get, then these things start to show up.

5. xNITROUSx

xNITROUSx New Fapstronaut

I’m insecure with face scarring from cystic acne in my teens. I’m getting surgery this summer and using a derma-roller w/vit. c serum. Facial flaws can really lower your confidence in every facet of life.

6. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

• My inability to speak loud in crowded areas..... mainly because of mental blocks
    • My average height
    • My walking style
    • My virginity
    • My inexperience in relationships
    • No real friendship
    • Scars of bullying
    • My uncertain career/future
    List is long .....

7. Der Drachenkönig

Der Drachenkönig Fapstronaut

Mine are:
    - Difficulty to bond with people
    - Not understanding in the least bit all things related to dating
    - Mental blocking in situations where i have to take action fast
    - Not trusting myself when it comes to creative thinking
    - People tending to not get close to me due to the first impression they often get.

u376 likes this.
  8. Being really tall has its downsides as well. I'm 6'8". EVERYONE stares at me constantly. Old guys just stare at me with their mouths open like I'm their personal freakshow. Everyone holds me to high standards and it makes me feel so shitty to know that im so shy and insecure. Makes me feel like such a coward, being as big as I am and just terrified of confrontation. I'm mildly autistic and pretty depressed. Women stare at me and I just look away because I'm afraid to approach them. Making small talk is really tough for me. I never know what to say. I get the impression that people see a totally different version of me that I see. A lot of the time, I really don't like myself and I can't respect people that like me. It's like there has to be something wrong with someone if they like me.

CH3RRY and Lazarus Shuttlesworth like this.
  9. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I have several:
    Extreme shyness
    Social anxiety
    Being overweight
    This addiction
    Regret over past mistakes
    Regret over things I did/didn't do during my military service
    I'm not short, but I'm still intimidated by taller guys
    Occasional depressed moods
    Uncertain career future
    Uncertain relationship future
    Uncertain parenting future
    Probably a few others that haven't come to mind at the moment...

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. It's hard for me to understand people being intimidated by me. I'm a big softy lol. What did you do in the military? I tried at 18 for infantry, but didn't get in because of asthma. Biggest disappointment of my life.

11. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I know other tall guys that are very nice. I can't really explain the feeling. Perhaps it has something to do with low self-esteem.
    I was in the IDF artillery corps for basic & advanced training, and after that became an artillery brigade rabbi's assistant (sort of like an assistant chaplain).

12. Well if it helps to know, I don't think being freakishly tall makes me better than you. If anything, it's just a constant reminder that I'm different. I had a buddy that was in the army and he talked about the chaplains and how most of them drunk and swore all the time lol.

13. ghengis_naan

ghengis_naan Fapstronaut

No matter what shape i'm in , when I'm feeling down it always feels like

" I don't measure up to people's expectations "

" I don't look good and will never look good , no matter how much I try "

" I am not lovable"

" I will never be successful "

"Body Shaming myself"

" I am a piece of shit for doing so much wrong ..PMO/fetish/fantasies"

" Feeling shame and denied."

I get in such a dark place ...its like a dark hole , too deep and I'm sitting there alone sobbing. You won't see it outside but inside I'm just that. It take sometimes days and sometimes months to get out of that.

14. Other people's or your own?

15. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Huh. Well, it's different here in Israel. Not saying all the military rabbis do their job, but at least they don't walk around drunk and they certainly don't swear ;).

16. Our army chaplains (here in Canada) are more like psychologists who've "seen some shit." lol. They're a lot like combat veterans, in a way.

17. K-Dot

K-Dot Fapstronaut

- Fear of losing creativity
    - Losing confidence because od PIED/PE problems and the biggest fear linked to this issue is using my wonderful girlfriend over it
    - Always doubting my IQ and feeling jelaous when I'm around intelligent people

18. ghengis_naan

ghengis_naan Fapstronaut

people close to me.

19. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I've heard it's the same in the US. I believe chaplains there - regardless of religion - need a degree in psychology, and they also have some sort of level of training.
    In Israel you need to have studied at least 5 years in a yeshiva (religious studies college), to have already completed your mandatory military service and to pass a six-week course. But anyone can be an assistant chaplain (as I was), as long as they're religious (specifically, Jewish).

20. I've heard the Israeli army has conscripts. So it's like they receive military training and then go back to leading a civilian life, ready to act if shit hits the fan? I wish our military had these. I think it's a really good idea.