1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

5 Minute Meditation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by AncestralWarrior, Feb 3, 2019.

1. AncestralWarrior

AncestralWarrior Fapstronaut

Hi everyone, so as the title suggests, I wanted to ask this small question about meditation: are 5 minutes enough? I wake up in the morning, make my bed and tidy the room, and right after that- sit on my bed and meditate for five minutes. Would you call that an ideal routine? Are 5 minutes enough, or is it too much? I am new to meditation, but as far as I'm seeing, it really, really helps me.

Thanks in advance! :)

A41:14A and Deleted Account like this.
  2. It's awesome that you're finding meditation helpful.

5 minutes is fine, and many (for example an online Zazen course I learnt from) would suggest that amount as a start for beginners anyway. From there you can gently work up to longer time periods if you're inclined to do so, and get deeper benefits.

If you'd like some more information on meditation, and good beginner resources / easy courses, let me know.

3. gohawks1612

gohawks1612 Fapstronaut

I love that you make your bed in the morning, that's very critical on getting a good start to your day. Anyways, 5 minutes is great for starting out! However, as you get more experienced, you will have the desire to go for a longer amount of time. Eventually making your way to 10 mins, 20mins, 30mins, all the way to an hour every morning (or every night, or both). Meditation is very healthy for our mind and brain. Our mind is more powerful than almost any of us could imagine. Once you are in full control of your mind, you can use meditation as a tool to assist you in achieving your purpose (ambitions) in your life, and no one will be able to stop you from doing so. Keep it up!

4. Butterlfly

Butterlfly Fapstronaut

I starde with 5, now i do 15 to 30 min. But don't think too mutch of how mutch time you meditate. Just enjoy the practice, eventually changes will happen naturally.

5. truelibido

truelibido Fapstronaut

Sounds good, meditation is always helpful for you. There is no timing condition for the meditation. You can put your time for the meditation according to your comfort.

6. AncestralWarrior

AncestralWarrior Fapstronaut

Thank you all for your feedback. I'll take all of this into consideration. :)