1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting it off my back

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by wheelgauge, May 25, 2019.

1. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

Why does approaching girls is so hard? When I see a nice girl, I just can't go there and say something. And when I do, they just don't seem to be that interested in talking. Sometimes I think it's better to don't approach them, because they might not be interested on me. Damn, it just makes me feel bad with myself... What can I do? Helpful answers please.

2. 19conquer

19conquer Fapstronaut

If they don't seem interested, leave them alone. It not worth either of your time. Focus on yourself and you'll attract more people who will be interested. When you find the right girl, you'll have endless discussions. Also, you miss 100% of the shots that you don't take, so keep trying!

wheelgauge likes this.
  3. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

Thanks for your answer. It really made me feel a bit better now... After all, I need to keep trying, but also be connected with myself!

4. First off be proud that u have the courage to approach them.keep trying if they ain't interested it's fine on to the next.
    Remember this fact Michael Jordan missed more shots then he made. And he is one the greatest to ever play.

Ariel1235 likes this.
  5. DrummerSGX92

DrummerSGX92 Fapstronaut

You just have to keep trying; be happy you even did that and know you will get the result you want eventually. I love your username; I'm a huge Soundgarden fan.

wheelgauge likes this.
  6. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

Thanks, bro! I will do it for sure. I understand that if I try more, there are more chances of getting what I am looking for. The thing that needs changing is my slight insecurity about talking to girls, and I will work on it as soon as I can.

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  7. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

I'm glad that you liked my username! Thanks! Soundgarden is one of my favourite bands of all time, and I just can't get enough of their songs. So sad that Chris died... Your username is pretty nice too, bro! I might learn how to play the drums someday btw...

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  8. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

That's true, thanks for telling me that! I never thought about it... I will keep trying!

9. UNSATISFIED

UNSATISFIED Fapstronaut

It may be because of the way you approach. What do you say when u approach?

10. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

I start asking about some random information or if she knows what time is it... Any usual topic that puts me into a conversation.

11. UNSATISFIED

UNSATISFIED Fapstronaut

yepp just what I thought. Why would a person seem interested when asked time or some information. You have to take a hint from surroundings and approach playfully.

12. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

Can you give me tips of how to do it?

13. UNSATISFIED

UNSATISFIED Fapstronaut

Yes I will give you the best advice. It is : none of the tips people give to you or you look from internet will work. The reason is you memorize it and say it, it is not natural and girls smell that kinda stuff from a mile away. The only way you can improve in that topic is practice. When you get a rejection or a person not interested, you should become happy because you found a way that doesn't work. Makes sense?

14. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

Yeah... It does. So all I have to do is approach them and talk about anything, and if doesn't work I try another topic with the next girl? Is it?

15. UNSATISFIED

UNSATISFIED Fapstronaut

I always succeeded more when I talked about me or something mutual with the girl, I never ask info about a girl in the first conversation, sure there are some girls that like to talk about themselves, but I don't like that kind of types. The types I like is a girl who loves to be leaded and plays games(mind games). They love to hear stories and I like to tell stories so it works for me. Just be fun, man, that easy.

16. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

Ah, alright! Guess I got it... I'll try to talk about something mutual to the first attractive girl that I find out there!

17. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

It ain't that easy for me, dunno why... When I approach, I get stuck without knowing how to keep the conversation. But now that you gave me this tip, I will try it very soon.

18. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

From experience: I've almost always failed at approaching girls, especially when I had in mind to chase them. It's a behaviour that leaks neediness, the behaviour of a beggar, of a 3 year old child. Would you like to be approached by a girl that more or less begs for your attention, but you didn't yet even get to know her name? Let alone, by a girl that desperately tries to get a man to validate her existence. I also agree that asking time and info these days is a bit... nah... everyone has smartphones, right?

Here's my 2 cents: it's usually the woman that decides whether a man is worth her time or not, and not the other way around. My goal as a man is to better myself and be the best I can be for society, for the people around me, to be the rock that others rely upon. Women will choose then the man that they think it's worth their time and, even more importantly, reproduction.

I believe we're taught wrongly by the animal documentaries that the males fight and the females then become submissive to the alpha male, the winner. While the reductionist view holds clear, we have to look at the issue under that assumption. First, it is the female that will carry the offspring and she will be very picky. A female bonobo will not mate with a male that's on the 15th hierarchical step, because that guy is depressed and beaten up by the gang and probably cannot prove to be a protector, a safeguard for her offspring. However, she will mate with the leader of the hierarchy because he has proved he can fend off enemies and provide safety.

In a similar manner, a woman is seeking safety and assurance that her offspring will live well (now, in our society today this fails dramatically, indeed). As alpha man, you don't have to beat your chest and scream like Tarzan or push people over, blare loud music from your car speakers or get road rage, big pecs and strong abs. What a man needs to show is confidence that he can be relied upon.

Children chase their mothers because they need their attention for survival. If men chase women, then men show childlike behaviour and that repels women quite a bit: they are not looking to take care of other people's children (ie your mom's child is your mom's child, not hers). So your goal as a man is to show that you do not need a woman by your side, that you can live without them and still be a productive member of society, you're constantly learning, help those in need and teach others. That will make you attractive and then you'll be chosen as a mate. Which will put you in the position to... choose the woman you want to be with.

In conclusion, all my long term relationships were initiated by the women, not by me; they approached me and they asked for me to stay over. I have never been successful at an outright chase. One night stands are not relationships.

19. wheelgauge

wheelgauge Fapstronaut

I never saw it by this side! Thanks a lot for your answer!

20. Well, I would say first of all... don't approach just some random girl. The chance that you will find a girl that you think is interesting (besides the appearance) is probably very low. Oh well, that's the situation at least for me ;)
    My recommendation would be to get yourself in an environment where it is likely for you to find a like-minded girl: if you like climbing, start climbing. Then just go to a climbing center and start to talk to people, you have a topic to talk about from the very beginning and it doesn't have to feel like you are approaching anyone... just like you are climbing and want some company. Then if it clicks, it clicks! If not, you got some company anyway. The same goes for all other social sports (however, I don't know so many others except slacklining).

I guess the only time it's a good thing to look for a girl when you drink alcohol is if you want to find a girl whose main interest is to drink alcohol. :)