Horoscopes can be useful tools

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bucklord, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Bucklord

Bucklord Fapstronaut

Recently i've been turned on to horoscopes. To save you guys time, no I don't believe in any science underlying it, but they are useful tools for reflection. I'm not talking about the daily stuff, I recently found this app call The Pattern and its turning my head in on itself.

Some of the cycles, and patterns of my "astrology" are ridiculously spot on. It says i'm in a cycle of letting go of Old relationships which started literally on the day my girlfriend dumped me this month. There are many others that are speaking to me in similar ways.

Anyway, the app is also a fun networking tool, you can add friends and look through similarities between your signs. I and a few other people are trying to start a high impact accountability group and I think this would be a useful tool for reflection and intention setting each day.

If anyone is interested in connecting and joining a group please let me know. Would love to talk about what's going on in your life as well as mine. We can all learn from each other as we are in different phases of life but have a similar mission.

If not I encourage you to look at this tool for your own personal reflection. You may find it to be a useful conduit for centering yourself and creating intention throughout each day.

Hope to hear from you!

2. DeepParkWater

DeepParkWater Fapstronaut

Im a science major and i believe in astrology. Its been pretty accurate of my personality my former SO and our relationship but thats just me.

Remember Leonardo da Vinci said that the laws of the universe are written in mathematics. Atrology is supposed to be based off of numerology which is technically mathematics. Things in our universe exist in patterns such patterns occur with certain predictable frequncy, so honestly its plausible that there may be some truth in it. On the flipside we all create our own reality so keep in mind that you might be telling yourself something and creating it. But theres a more scientific explanation

Bucklord likes this.
  3. I think they are useful too. My personality horoscope describes my character pretty good.
    Plus it helps me to understand other people better and to forgive them their flaws.

Bucklord likes this.
  4. Bucklord

Bucklord Fapstronaut

Totally agree with both statements here, it's just flat out useful. Something about the writing gets me through the bullshit and straight to the points of issue.

5. Bucklord

Bucklord Fapstronaut

I am a science major as well, it's not that I can't believe in it the patterns. They are pretty obvious cylces to the cosmos, but how those cycles interact with us can't really be explained. Maybe there's some connection to the spirit through these patterns of the Universe. Maybe peoples personalities are deeply ingrained into the subconscious in their veerry early life by the seasons they were born into.

Either way, i'm with you, it can be very accurate especially about relationships. I've been using it in therapy in order to discuss some deeper level issues, its been helpful to me.

6. DeepParkWater

Well i dont know what you studied in science but if you understand the cyclical nature of the cosmos then theres multiple ways its theoretically possible. Gravity probily unlikely, the best candidate in my mind would be dark matter or energy aince it most likely exists in a plane we cant interact with. Astrophysicists have known for a while now that gravity alone isnt enough to keep galaxies and star clusters together as seen in our universe.
    Once you understand the universe is determined by laws and mathematics then see that mathematically multiple planes of existance are shown in mathematical formula then it gives rise to the concept that theres too much we dont know.
    This is all borderline pseudoscience but the older i get the more i find certain aspects of horoscopes true. If the spirit and soul exist it must be tied down to a different plane. Spirituality as ive experienced it doesnt seem plausible without believing in something intangible influcencing this life but thats just me

7. Bucklord

Bucklord Fapstronaut

I’ve studied environmental science so all I do is look at systems and the physical nature of them. I’ve studied the much planets in our solar system but I’m far too uneducated to discuss dark matter or more complex subatomic discussions.

For me: I’m not afraid to expand on the possibilities of the “soul”. The essence of a human. I think there is far too much coincidence to ignore with these astrological charts.

Trancespotter likes this.
  8. DeepParkWater

Long story short theres apparently 11 dimensions according to equations. Once you get down to subatomic particles (matter antimatter) its been shown that such particles can come in and out of existance. I only understand the basics but essentially something thats higher dimensional we should be able to perceive but only a certain aspect of it. If you took a 3D water glass and it went through a 2D universe all theyd perceive is a line since theyd only see the length width for ex. Interesting line of thought.

9. My horoscope is usually very accurate I’m a typical Virgo. Although, I have a twin brother who’s the exact opposite of me in every way. Strange.

Bucklord likes this.
  10. DeepParkWater

Thats common in twins, since you guys are identical in some way you develop different personalities so you can highlight your individuality id say no?

11. Bucklord

Bucklord Fapstronaut

That's actually pretty cool. Is your brother identical?

12. Bucklord

Bucklord Fapstronaut

Just went on a first date with a girl. Low key got her birthdate from FB and looked her up on the pattern.

Literally what I had read this morning was exactly what I felt from her, she was very similar to how it described her. We talked for 3 hours, it was nice. It actually helped me handle some of our interaction, she was hard to read which is typically not normal for me. Getting dominant eye contact with her was tough, only in little moments could I actually read her feelings. I was nervous as fuck, but the horoscope let me know that was natural for our signs.

13. Bucklord

Bucklord Fapstronaut

Not meaning to offend you, but I have a feeling you're out of your element haha.

14. DeepParkWater

Look up quantum physics and look projections of visualizing a 3d pbject through a 2d universe. All accepted thought experiments in quantum physics. Physicists tend to be the most spiritual of all different forms of science. DYOR just an interesting thought thats all

15. Nope I have naturally brown hair and blue eyes he has blond hair and brown eyes. He’s short and fat I am tall and average. He’s a homeless drug addict and I have medical problems I only take natural medicine for. We are 100% opposite. Being born less than a minute apart (c-section) our horoscope should say we should be identical and yet we’re not.

16. Bucklord

Bucklord Fapstronaut

Ah I’m sorry my friend. That’s a lot to unpack. I didn’t know there are horoscopes for twins