1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Problem with smoking

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by titkata92, Aug 23, 2019.

1. titkata92

titkata92 Fapstronaut

Hello dear Fapstronauts. My next point is to quit smoking. I started before a year, 22 september and now i want to quit it. Can you help me or give me a advice. Thank you!

2. Throw away all your cigarettes first, every single one of them, I don't care how much you spent on them. Don't go in like: "this is the last day I smoke, so let's smoke a fuckton", it will only increase some already massive urges during the first days of abstaining. Also watch this: , good luck!

David wilson likes this.
  3. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

4. titkata92

titkata92 Fapstronaut

Never heard before for Cold Turkey thanks for help.

5. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

I quit smoking overnight when I solved the following:

- the most critical step: there was emotional pain that kept me hooked (disappointment, boredom). Once this was solved I was able to quit cold turkey (https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...g-with-negative-emotions.235876/#post-2091926)

- there are 700 chemicals in your regular Marlboro that you burn at 1200C. Nicotine is only one of them and it's half-life is 2 hours, meaning that after 8 hours (a night's sleep!) you are no longer addicted to nicotine. Some of the 700 chemicals are poured into the mix as additives by people in hazmat (hazardous materials) suits. That's a nice cocktail to bring into your lungs!

- how can you show to a girl you are independent and dependable if... you are dependent on such a small stick. Plus, in my country, smoking at work is illegal, so we have to go out and smoke in a remote corner at the back of the building. What a disgrace!

Finally, one of my best arguments has been the financial impact. I wasn't a heavy smoker, but I was spending 1200 euros a year for smoking. Without ANY benefit!

Quitting smoking is a conscious act. You'll need to drill down in your head that by smoking you are not showing any kind of self-care or self-love towards your body, on the contrary. Every time you feel the urge to smoke, you'll need to go to a quiet place, alone and live the emotion that comes up (see the post quoted above) and tell yourself that you will not smoke because you care about your body. After a few weeks you'll be able to be around smokers, but I can guarantee you that you won't be able to understand why they still smoke and you'll see them in a completely different light: was I one of them too?!

6. RamboErecto

RamboErecto Fapstronaut

A single cigar has lot of shit inside. Im a smoker, not a heavy smoker, I smoke like 5 cigars or less per day.

But every time I smoke one, I can feel how it makes me out of energy and bad physical feelings.

7. GeorgeSpikes

GeorgeSpikes New Fapstronaut

There are some simple steps you should follow:
    Choose a date for quitting so that you can get enough time to prepare yourself without losing motivation to quit.
    Tell your family, friends, and co-workers to come in your plan, so they can help to stop smoking.
    Remove all the smoking things like cigarettes, lighters or tobacco products from work, home, and car.
    Take the help of your doctor for prescribing medication for withdrawal symptoms after stopping smoking.