1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody else not excited about the presidential election?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 18, 2019.

1. As I was in 2016 I'm just not feeling the upcoming U.S. presidential election. I always feel like I have to choose between dumb and dumber. I'm not a fan of either party really, just need somebody that is sane in office, but by it's nature it seems to me, that politics is in the end is a dog eat dog world and thus so, the winner doesn't turn out to be that which they said. Which, usually only half the country or a certain political party only agree with

Just so not looking forward to it

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2019
  2. C12345

C12345 Fapstronaut

Yeah, presidents used to be respected and strong. Now talk show hosts dress up and mock them. 5 year old kids are saying "Fuck Trump" and shit like that. What happened to presidents like Washington, Lincoln, FDR, JFK, Roosevelt. All the candidates are just weak looking too. I mean look at a picture of Teddy and then look at a picture of Bernie, all the modern candidates look like they got out of a fucking mental institution. We need The Emperor of Mankind to rise up already.

need4realchg and Hold it in like this.
  3. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

I think what's going on in American politics is both incredibly sad and incredibly hilarious.

4. Still speechless about how this walking indecency could get president.

Hold it in and Deleted Account like this.
  5. brilliantidiot

brilliantidiot Fapstronaut

Because the walking indecencies on the other side are much worse.

6. Poor country, if this is its best.

Hold it in and Deleted Account like this.
  7. brilliantidiot

Corrupt government, more like, although personally I like Trump.

8. I'm not excited either. I'm not even sure if I'm going to vote, because I don't even know what outcome I'm going for. They all seem terrible. I absolutely cannot stand Trump for a billion reasons, but I also can't stand anyone who wants to advocate for continued infanticide in our country. That's abhorrent to me. But Trump isn't really doing much about that either, because he's too arrogant and focused on all the wrong things.

So I don't even know. To me, there is no winning. Any outcome will be bad. I would prefer a better Republican candidate, but obviously that isn't going to happen this time around. I honestly sometimes feel like we are in the end times, and this is just what we deserve. So many things are going completely downhill in our society FAST, like never before. It's scary stuff, but I rest in the peace of God.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2019
  9. brilliantidiot

10. Well yeah, no duh. Obviously that wouldn't happen under Hillary. But that doesn't mean I'm going to give Trump a pat on the back for it. He doesn't give a shit about that. Or anything but himself and stroking his own ego.

11. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

I'm excited. I want the haters and SJWs assblasted again and shedding more butthurt tears. The media and left just make me hate them so much more than what they claim they hate Trump for.

brilliantidiot likes this.
  12. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

It's like looking at the scene of a major car accident.

need4realchg likes this.
  13. brilliantidiot

It doesn't matter whether he cares or not. He cares about the votes of people who do. I vote for policies, and his policy is directly influenced by the pro-life vote. He is getting it done, whether for personal reasons or not, I could not care less.

14. Yeah... that's why I said what I said in the first place about being conflicted. And yeah, actually, it does matter to me whether he cares or not. And it should matter to Republicans voting, if they actually care. They should vote for a Republican candidate who actually gives a crap.

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. And I do care, because you say he is "getting it done" but he's not. Sure, more is happening than if a Democrat was president, but that doesn't mean crap. That's obvious and not even worth comparing. What's worth comparing is the difference between Trump and a Republican who actually cares about abortion. You cannot tell me Trump is "getting it done" in regards to abortion. Any traction made in that area has nothing to do with him. It has to do with the fact that Republicans are in majority control. If there was a different Republican president, the same traction would be gained, and probably a ton more. Trump hasn't done shit for unborn children.

onceaking likes this.
  16. brilliantidiot

I think planned parenthood losing 60 million would qualify.
    We aren't talking about Trump verses another republican, we are talking about Trump verses the abortion-crazy democrats. Its too late for anything else, x-republican vs. y-democrat isn't going to happen, its Trump vs. y-dem. You can go off-track and start comparing Trump's real progress to another republican's hypothetical progress, but the more realistic way to look at it would be that the democrats will be pushing for later and later abortion, while the republican (who happens to be Trump) will be trying to defund planned parenthood etc.

Get_It likes this.
  17. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Yeah, US elections are ridiculous. The campaigning is far too long. In most countries a party takes 1 month to decide who's their leader and an election campaign is about 6 weeks.

need4realchg likes this.
  18. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

In other words both sides are as bad each other.

Anyone who understands politics knows he won't get it all done. Only one President has ever done everything they promised and that's President is Barack Obama! Obama is greatest president ever is worthy of worship! Barack Obama be true, and every other president be a liar. As it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

19. brilliantidiot

You're joking right?

need4realchg likes this.
  20. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

Barry Soetorro was/is an awful Turd. Although ironically that's why I need to thank him because that is one big reason Trump won.