1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fighting Temptation

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Larnellian, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Larnellian

Larnellian New Fapstronaut

I'm currently on Day 125 hard mode and there's this girl I know I'm not really into her at all but she's into me. She would've been perfect for the old me but the new me is just focused on chasing my dreams. But whenever I'm around her I just get horny and fall into a downhill spiral of thoughts. But I know truth is if something did happen between us I would've be able to pursue a relationship with her. Any suggestions? Btw we work together.

Jonny1992 likes this.
  2. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

125 days hard mode . Congratulations staying clean for 125 days.

Larnellian likes this.
  3. Souvent08

Souvent08 Fapstronaut

I dont know what I would do in your shoes but you reminded me of something I heard someone say about NoFap once. Women will "sense"/"feel" that you have your sexual energy at a peak. Women will want that from you and basically take away your sexual energy once you have sex with them. So if you dont what to do that and you want to keep your sexual energy so that you can transmutate it into other things in your life then maybe it's best to stay strong and use it as a challenge. Basically dont give in.

Larnellian likes this.
  4. bestbacon

bestbacon Fapstronaut

This sounds like a situation in which you would merit from either option. On one hand you mentioned that she was perfect given the old whom you are no longer which suggests that your path lay differently. The other side of the spectrum resides the possibility that you could potentially enjoy a steady relationship with her. Clearly both sides involve personal evolution just that one is a journey taken alone vs with a significant other. The heart really does know what you need to do though, during the decision process or idea prompts from your subconscious, observe your particular state and question why this thought/emotion came to be. You will gain a much better understanding of your subconscious intentions which leads to your particular actions. Some suggestions are not entertained at all, whereas the things that you want to do will usually have a positive emotion attached to the thought. Lets say I told you to become a robber, depending on your upbringing and judgements of boundaries set, you will have a clear emotional reaction to the suggestion. Most may be appalled by the thought of such a thing (negative emotion), whereas a certain scenario which posits a future between you two or independent improvement could potentially lead you to feeling a positive emotion.

The question you need to ask yourself then is this. How much does your instinctive blood boil when you talk and interact with her. How much do you want to touch her, can you imagine yourself making love to her? The degree and intensity of this urge that erupts innately is the best judgement of whether you two will be a potential match for each other. I really do believe that the genes and mirror neurons of an individual is greatly influential in your choices and mutual attraction to a prospective female. If you feel the good vibes when interacting with her, chances are she enjoys it too and I would suggest that taking this path would be a great choice.

Larnellian and Souvent08 like this.
  5. Jonny1992

Jonny1992 Fapstronaut

Oh no. If you work with her your drain power will be sucked away. Try to make your point clear and avoid her as much as possible!

Larnellian likes this.
  6. I would suggest not to do it, because you say you are not into her - at all!
    So what could you expect from it? A 'quick fuck' that is just as meaningless as PMOing. Plus a tense work environment.

If you find out that you like her, go for it. But if you just would have sex with her for the sole purpose of having sex I would not recommend it.

Larnellian likes this.